The Student Room Group

Help gcse

well I'm doing my GCSE soon and I need help when revising, should you listen to music or not. I'm also struggling to get my head down and rsmber things. I'm don't good at remembering things I don't know what to do
Original post by taranmistry
well I'm doing my GCSE soon and I need help when revising, should you listen to music or not. I'm also struggling to get my head down and rsmber things. I'm don't good at remembering things I don't know what to do

In regards to listening to music, it really depends on the person. I find that it helps me concentrate but I know that others need complete silence if they want to revise.

There's various methods you can use if you're trying to memorise things. You can make flashcards or use websites such as Quizlet and Memrise. I personally find that reading and writing things over and over again until it's stuck in my head is quite an easy way to memorise things. You could also try things like recording yourself saying your notes and listening to it multiple times so that it sticks.

A way to check if what you're trying to learn is sticking is to test yourself. You can use questions in your revise guides or past papers. Do them and anything that you can't remember or don't get right, go back and try to learn it again.

The most important thing to do is to not cram and try and memorise too many things at once as you'll probably end up remembering none of it. Make sure to take regular breaks when you're revising too :smile:

Good luck!
Original post by MinaBee
In regards to listening to music, it really depends on the person. I find that it helps me concentrate but I know that others need complete silence if they want to revise.

There's various methods you can use if you're trying to memorise things. You can make flashcards or use websites such as Quizlet and Memrise. I personally find that reading and writing things over and over again until it's stuck in my head is quite an easy way to memorise things. You could also try things like recording yourself saying your notes and listening to it multiple times so that it sticks.

A way to check if what you're trying to learn is sticking is to test yourself. You can use questions in your revise guides or past papers. Do them and anything that you can't remember or don't get right, go back and try to learn it again.

The most important thing to do is to not cram and try and memorise too many things at once as you'll probably end up remembering none of it. Make sure to take regular breaks when you're revising too :smile:

Good luck!

thank you I will sure try this
In the exam you will not be allowed to listen to music so I wouldn’t get yourself used to it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending