Anyone applying to Cambridge ISMM course for 2019 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Has anyone heard anything back?? I ve submitted mine in mid december
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by flowersnow97
Damn really good profile! Were the internships manufacturing related? And what’s your timeline like, mind me asking of course :smile:. Again dude congrats and hope to see you on the course!

hello, what do you mean timeline?
Hey Guys , Have any of you heard anything back?
Reply 23
Original post by mike2997
Hey there! I got my conditional offer on December 21st, but I applied to the course mid October

Hi Mike, congratulations for the offer! I have applied early march hope its not too late.

How was your interview and whats your background/grade if you don't mind me asking.

I hope to see you at Cambridge!
Hi there! I've submitted my application on 8th March and I'll have the interview this Friday 22. So nervous!!! Any advice?
Are All the applicants called for the interview?
Reply 25
Original post by Aleg_2010
Hi there! I've submitted my application on 8th March and I'll have the interview this Friday 22. So nervous!!! Any advice?
Are All the applicants called for the interview?

Hi there,

I think its a good sign that you're invited to the interview, they probably only take the ones who might fit the course.

May I ask how did your interview went?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by mike2997
Hi there,

Thanks!

I'm in my final year of BEng Mechanical Engineering at the Uni of Bath, first class predicted.

I applied mid October, got an interview on November 12th and then the offer right before Christmas.

The interview was pretty chilled. Was meant to last around 45 minutes, mine lasted a bit less. Questions were very much about your course, what you enjoyed, what you want to do in the future, nothing technical at all.

Hope this helps and good luck! :smile:

Thanks Mike, all the best!
The interrview was ok, relaxed. And wuestions were very much about my course, What did I like in my job, what I enjoyed, what I want to do in the future and things like that.
Just waiting right now!!!!
Original post by iGundox
Hi there,

I think its a good sign that you're invited to the interview, they probably only take the ones who might fit the course.

May I ask how did your interview went?
Reply 28
I had mine too last week, It was informal and discussed the academic and professional experience. Fingers Crossed now!

Let keep each other updated regarding the outcomes. Have your application moved from 'Under review by department'?
The interrview was ok, relaxed. And wuestions were very much about my course, What did I like in my job, what I enjoyed, what I want to do in the future and things like that.
Just waiting right now!!!!
Reply 29
Hi guys :-)

My application status moved from "under review by degree committee" to "awaiting approval by GAO" within a day yesterday. I hope this is a good sign and I do not have to wait for too long anymore to get a result. Had my interview about four weeks ago.

Best of luck everyone!
Reply 30
Hi, Congratulations!

You're almost there, mine is still stuck on "under review by department" I had the interview 3 weeks ago.

May I ask when did you undertake your interview?

and good luck pal :smile:
Original post by MUC_221

My application status moved from "under review by degree committee" to "awaiting approval by GAO" within a day yesterday. I hope this is a good sign and I do not have to wait for too long anymore to get a result. Had my interview about four weeks ago.

Best of luck everyone!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 31
Thanks! By now, I have received a conditional offer :smile:

My interview was about four weeks back.

Good luck to you as well!
Original post by iGundox
Hi, Congratulations!

You're almost there, mine is still stuck on "under review by department" I had the interview 3 weeks ago.

May I ask when did you undertake your interview?

and good luck pal :smile:
Reply 32
Wow Thats amazing!!

May I ask how long your application was on 'Under review by degree committee please' and if your offer is on achieving a 2:1 or if there are any other conditions too with this?

Thanks and well done again!!
Original post by MUC_221
Thanks! By now, I have received a conditional offer :smile:

My interview was about four weeks back.

Good luck to you as well!

My application status moved from "under review by the department" to "awaiting approval by GAO" today!! I hope this is a good sign..
Reply 34
Has anyone else heard anything back?
I am mechanical engineering student from India, what is opportunity after completing ISMM from Cambridge, can't get enough info from the website. What is the requirement to get in the university? And if u have any other tip please do share.
Reply 36
May ask for your background and profile? :smile:

My application status moved from "under review by the department" to "awaiting approval by GAO" today!! I hope this is a good sign..
Reply 37
Anyone heard back from colleges yet?
Original post by mnl_
May ask for your background and profile? :smile:

I'm a chemical engineer from Paraguay. I've worked 1 year in R+D of flavors and actually I'm working at the planning and production department in a textile industry.
College: Lucy Cavendish
Original post by SGW-H
Anyone heard back from colleges yet?

Yes, Downing! I've been told by a graduate of the program that the majority of ISMM students are concentrated in Wolfson, St. Edmunds, and Darwin. I imagine it's because not many of us are coming straight out of undergrad; most have a few years or more of industry experience.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending