The Student Room Group

IAS Biology Chemistry 2019 May/June Discussion

Collage 2019-04-23 13_56_12.jpg how is answer D in the mcq.
Won't it be B cuz artial systole means contraction of atrium so many blood reached ventricle and graph shows ventricle volume in y axis
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
During atrial sysole, the atrium contracts yes. Therefore the pressure in the atria is higher than the ventricle, so blood will flow into the ventricle. So, during atrial systole the volume of the ventricle should be the highest and just about to go down as the heart will soon enter ventricular systole.
I may be wrong though
r u doing edexcel IAS bio?
Original post by Roha125
Collage 2019-04-23 13_56_12.jpg how is answer D in the mcq.
Won't it be B cuz artial systole means contraction of atrium so many blood reached ventricle and graph shows ventricle volume in y axis
it is D because when the right atrium is at systole most of the blood is forced out of the right atrium to the right ventricle, and at D there is most volume of blood
Reply 4
Yes it is May 2017 unit 1,
Exam is next month 😥
Original post by Ailurophile03
r u doing edexcel IAS bio?
ikrr
btw from which country r u giving it?
Original post by Roha125
Yes it is May 2017 unit 1,
Exam is next month 😥
found some IAL practical notes of unit 3
may come in help
file:///C:/Users/fahima/Downloads/AS_biology_core_practical_summary.pdf
Reply 7
ikrr
btw from which country r u giving it?

Bangladesh.You?
How many subjects are you giving this time.
BTW i am giving the exam on the new syllabus are you too,what extra prep are taking for that
omg same, i am also giving it from bangladesh
i am giving 2 this time (bio and chem) physics and math on jan 2020
i am basically just ticking off from the specification of the new syllabus, i dont know what else to do:frown:
Original post by Roha125
Bangladesh.You?
How many subjects are you giving this time.
BTW i am giving the exam on the new syllabus are you too,what extra prep are taking for that
Reply 9
Giving all four AS this time.Jan 2019 Pure Maths (Still not sure whether i will take it or not)

Worrying like hell,what if the marks scheme points changes,question pattern changes.Have you done the specimen papers and 2019 Jan Unit 1s?
omg same, i am also giving it from bangladesh
i am giving 2 this time (bio and chem) physics and math on jan 2020
i am basically just ticking off from the specification of the new syllabus, i dont know what else to do:frown:
Reply 10
Our teachers are giving us Cambridge Q papers as they already had the new stuffs.
Original post by Roha125
Giving all four AS this time.Jan 2019 Pure Maths (Still not sure whether i will take it or not)

Worrying like hell,what if the marks scheme points changes,question pattern changes.Have you done the specimen papers and 2019 Jan Unit 1s?
ikr, i wish i had registered for old spec!
i am mostly worried for unit 3 bio as the specimen paper was soo different from the old past papers
yup i have done some of the specimen paper, didnt go so well tho, wwhat about u
Original post by Roha125

ohh what is the paper code? what else do u do?
Original post by Roha125
Our teachers are giving us Cambridge Q papers as they already had the new stuffs.
Reply 13
Not full paper,he gave us single questions for
Hardy Weinberg equation (9700/M/J/17 Number-3)
dihybrid cross (9700/41/O/N/18 No.2 and 9700/42/F/M/17 Number-5)
microscope eye piece calciulations(9700/33/O/N/12 Number-2b and 9700/35/O/N/13 Page-13)
Cell drawing (9700/33/M/J/14 Page 10)
No question from DNA methylation 😢
(Original post by Ailurophile03)
ohh what is the paper code? what else do u do?
ohh thanksss
good luck with the revision mate:h:
did u finish all the edexcel qp, i didnt:redface:
i think im gonna get doomed this time
Original post by Roha125
Not full paper,he gave us single questions for
Hardy Weinberg equation (9700/M/J/17 Number-3)
dihybrid cross (9700/41/O/N/18 No.2 and 9700/42/F/M/17 Number-5)
microscope eye piece calciulations(9700/33/O/N/12 Number-2b and 9700/35/O/N/13 Page-13)
Cell drawing (9700/33/M/J/14 Page 10)
No question from DNA methylation 😢
(Original post by Ailurophile03)
Reply 15
No way,in o levels i finished every single one of them but now i have no chance,
The QP i finished is Bio Unit 3 cuz it was easy but now i think it was complete waste of time.

ohh thanksss
good luck with the revision mate:h:
did u finish all the edexcel qp, i didnt:redface:
i think im gonna get doomed this time
sameee, do u know whether the new spec has a bibliography thing where we need to put the info in order?
Original post by Roha125
No way,in o levels i finished every single one of them but now i have no chance,
The QP i finished is Bio Unit 3 cuz it was easy but now i think it was complete waste of time.
Reply 17
Thats the most controversial topic,will it come or not.
I think we read the teacher's guide for new biology and for unit 3 it says that teacher could skip Question number 2 as most of it not required now(except some e.g. implications).So we stopped doing it but our new IAS books has Reference in the Thinking Bigger Portion.I was so confused that i did every thing and swiped nothing
sameee, do u know whether the new spec has a bibliography thing where we need to put the info in order?
(edited 5 years ago)
ohh i seee
so to recap what are the major things added for unit 3 bio?

Original post by Roha125
Thats the most controversial topic,will it come or not.
I think we read the teacher's guide for new biology and for unit 3 it says that teacher could skip Question number 2 as most of it not required now(except some e.g. implications).So we stopped doing it but our new IAS books has Reference in the Thinking Bigger Portion.I was so confused that i did every thing and swiped nothing
Reply 19
https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-international-advanced-levels/biology-2018.coursematerials.html#filterQuery=Pearson-UK:Category%2FTeaching-and-learning-materials

Download the Mapping Guide.It does not say much about Paper 3 but core practicals are the once you most for Unit 3.Did you read the Lab Book,it might be highly helpful.

Major things will microscope eyepiece calc.,Cell drawing from picture,Maths-heterozygous index,allel frequency.And graph graph graph

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending