The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Catering accomodation

Hi, I was considering applying to Royal Holloway but I'm worried about prices of living especially considering it's in London. Does anyone have any idea of how much you spend weekly on food when you have catered-accommodation?
Original post by D.E.K.U
Hi, I was considering applying to Royal Holloway but I'm worried about prices of living especially considering it's in London. Does anyone have any idea of how much you spend weekly on food when you have catered-accommodation?

Hi D.E.K.U,

Royal Holloway is located in Egham, Surrey which is 40 minutes from London by train. We are a part of the University of London, which means that you'll benefit from London facilities including access to the Senate House Library.

With regards to accommodation, we have a range of catered accommodation options. With our catered accommodation, you get 50% off of your meal when using your college card at the dining hall near your hall of residence. I found that getting a main, two sides and a drink usually costs around £3. The dining halls provide breakfast, lunch and dinner but all our catered accommodation options have access to a pantry that has a microwave, fridge, toaster and kettle so it's possible to make small meals for yourself.

I hope this is helpful, but if you have any other questions please just let me know!

Susana :smile:
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
Hi D.E.K.U,

Royal Holloway is located in Egham, Surrey which is 40 minutes from London by train. We are a part of the University of London, which means that you'll benefit from London facilities including access to the Senate House Library.

With regards to accommodation, we have a range of catered accommodation options. With our catered accommodation, you get 50% off of your meal when using your college card at the dining hall near your hall of residence. I found that getting a main, two sides and a drink usually costs around £3. The dining halls provide breakfast, lunch and dinner but all our catered accommodation options have access to a pantry that has a microwave, fridge, toaster and kettle so it's possible to make small meals for yourself.

I hope this is helpful, but if you have any other questions please just let me know!

Thank you this is so much help! The only other question I had was what is the area around the university like? Do you find that there's a lot to do?
Original post by D.E.K.U
Thank you this is so much help! The only other question I had was what is the area around the university like? Do you find that there's a lot to do?

Royal Holloway is situated near Egham, which offers you a range of food shopping options for your weekly shop in addition to a number of small restaurants and pubs. The next stop on the train is Staines, which has all of your typical high street shopping, restaurants and a cinema. We're only 20 minutes by bus from Windsor, where you can spend the day being a tourist and exploring historical sites such as Windsor Castle, but there's also a plethora of shopping and eating options. If the weather is nice, I always recommend visiting Virginia Water Lake, which is about a 15-20 minute walk from campus. It's a great place to unwind and have an end of term picnic with friends. For thrill seekers, we're only a 15 minute drive from Thorpe Park.

I was a part of a number of societies on campus so between work, study and evening society activities, I found hanging out in the local area a great way to enjoy my weekends.

Original post by D.E.K.U

When I visited them, it seemed like they put on a lot of events on campus. A few student bars and cool stuff going on imo, you should check out one of their open days. For me it had a really good community feel which is why I firmed my choice there
Oh thank you both so much! This has really helped and yes I'll be sure to go to an open day as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending