The Student Room Group

Is it possible to get a 1st Class overall in 2nd year?

Hi i'm a 2nd Year student doing Media studies and Production. I have three modules in semester 1 and the marks I got which 54, 68, 73. I'm average 65% at the minute. In the second semester there is another three modules which one of them i got 26 out of 40 which is 65% and the essay is worth 50% and lecture notes is worth 10% in one module. The video production module which group work is worth 60% and 10% for production folder and 30% for individual essay. There is a placement module which i get marked in placement that is worth 30% Questions is worth 40% and a report is 30% and this year my degree is worth 30%. Is it possible to get a first overall this year.
You need to average 75% in 2nd semester. If you already got a 65% on 50% of a module then I guess that will change to around 77% on the rest of them.
Reply 2
Yeah I think I need everything else at a first or one at high 2:1 and the other at high 70s and one maybe in the 80s which might get a first if that happens.
Original post by doodle_333
You need to average 75% in 2nd semester. If you already got a 65% on 50% of a module then I guess that will change to around 77% on the rest of them.
It's quite easy to work out. Multiply each result by how much of a module it's worth (65% in 25% of a module = 65x 0.25), add all the results together, divide by total number of modules.
Original post by 2018Tyrone
Yeah I think I need everything else at a first or one at high 2:1 and the other at high 70s and one maybe in the 80s which might get a first if that happens.

Quick Reply

Latest