The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-level Further Pure 1 - 13th June 2019 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Summary of content mapping:

Spoiler

As you might have seen on the other thread, I'm making question packs for Core Pure, FP1 and FS1, particularly new content. I'm putting all of them here. Always willing to expand any of these, so feedback is welcome as always.
(edited 5 years ago)
lol unpopular

taking it BTW
thank you you are a star
Original post by _gcx

Spoiler

As you might have seen on the other thread, I'm making question packs for Core Pure, FP1 and FS1, particularly new content. I'm putting all of them here. Always willing to expand any of these, so feedback is welcome as always.
Thank you so much for all of these! You are a life saver! Is it possible for you to do Further Mechanics 1 if you study it?
Original post by _gcx

Spoiler

Original post by bigmansouf
thank you you are a star

no problem

Original post by maruchan
Thank you so much for all of these! You are a life saver! Is it possible for you to do Further Mechanics 1 if you study it?

I don't study it but I could still compile questions for you lot. Drawback is that I'd be selecting purely based on examiner reports. Feel free to say if you want any of the existing packs expanded or want a solution to any question in particular.
Thank you so much you don't know helpful that would be. I am using all your questions as I am self studying both units. Honestly thank you so much! I am so happy there are some FP1 questions out there! Just waiting on Leibnitz's theorem but I know how busy you must be so thank you!
Original post by _gcx
no problem

I don't study it but I could still compile questions for you lot. Drawback is that I'd be selecting purely based on examiner reports. Feel free to say if you want any of the existing packs expanded or want a solution to any question in particular.
Original post by maruchan
Thank you so much you don't know helpful that would be. I am using all your questions as I am self studying both units. Honestly thank you so much! I am so happy there are some FP1 questions out there! Just waiting on Leibnitz's theorem but I know how busy you must be so thank you!

I thought I put it on there but it turns out I forgot to hit save. I couldn't find any A-level questions on Leibniz's Theorem (to be fair, it is a very random theorem to include) so they're all made from scratch. Some are inspired by textbook questions so should hopefully be reasonable.
Thank you so much and I agree the spec is really weird!
Original post by _gcx
I thought I put it on there but it turns out I forgot to hit save. I couldn't find any A-level questions on Leibniz's Theorem (to be fair, it is a very random theorem to include) so they're all made from scratch. Some are inspired by textbook questions so should hopefully be reasonable.
[bump]

How's everyone feeling about this?
Anyone know if we actually need to memorise these or if they'll be given in the question??

Eulers approxiations.png
Original post by lukeeve12
Anyone know if we actually need to memorise these or if they'll be given in the question??

Eulers approxiations.png

They have been given in the specimen and mock set, and were given on the old spec - so I think it's safe to assume they are.
Original post by _gcx
[bump]

How's everyone feeling about this?

Feeling good about the exam
Original post by TheTroll73
Feeling good about the exam

I'm more confident with it than Core Pure. FP1 plays to my strengths, though I don't want an ugly coordinate geometry question.
Original post by _gcx
I'm more confident with it than Core Pure. FP1 plays to my strengths, though I don't want an ugly coordinate geometry question.

I agree, I tend to score more marks on FP1 and especially FP2 than on the core. For some weird reason I tend to make less silly mistakes on those. I honestly have no idea why.

Also when I was learning the content I enjoyed the topics in FP2 most, probably because group theory and modular arithmetic comes very naturally to me. Although I do have to add I studies every topic in A level math and FM (except stats) with more rigor than typically taught (by extending the material and by proving most of the given formulae).

I also dislike those ugly coordinate geometry problems, but seeing I did do some in STEP past papers (and they're obviously harder, at least algebra-wise) I should be fine if one comes.
I thought further pure 1 is harder than core pure?
Original post by chieula2301
I thought further pure 1 is harder than core pure?

I don't think it's necessarily supposed to be - it's just more pure and really depends on the person how hard that extra stuff is.

For example - numerical methods is chapter 8 but could easily be in single maths.
(edited 4 years ago)
Fair point!
Original post by _gcx
I don't think it's necessarily supposed to be - it's just more pure and really depends on the person how hard that extra stuff is.

For example - numerical methods is chapter 8 but could easily be in single maths.
Is there even a specimen paper for this? Can't find one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending