The Student Room Group

The Brexit Party going to crush the European Elections

Who saw that coming?

Will the Remoaners try to insist on a rerun, or something??

The biggest joke is how Continuity UK have split the Remain vote.
Their percentage share will be embarrassing. Farage is going to tear them a new one. THAT is how you conduct a political campaign, watch and learn, Remainer kiddies.

Above all, I can't wait till those like Umuna and Soubry get turfed out of Parliament at the next election and are kicked into well deserved obscurity. Get all the sympathetic media coverage from the London bubble, Remainer media you want, it will make no difference.

When you are hated, you are hated. Don't let the door hit your @rses on the way out, Anna, Chuka, Heidi, Luciana et al...
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No doubt the newly formed Brexit Party will be great representatives of the United Kingdom, much like UKIP were. Barely bothering to show up, making fools of themselves when they do, and generally being the laughing stock of Europe, but managing a pretty decent slice of corruption at the same time.
Reply 2
The same, standard, tired, old trope. Is that the best argument you can come up with? Seriously??

Anyone would think (to hear you speak) these elections were in any sense meaningful, in the sense of representing our national "demos", when of course, they aren't in the slightest. But then this the EU after all, the very antithesis of democracy.

Original post by Dez
No doubt the newly formed Brexit Party will be great representatives of the United Kingdom, much like UKIP were. Barely bothering to show up, making fools of themselves when they do, and generally being the laughing stock of Europe, but managing a pretty decent slice of corruption at the same time.
Reply 3
Original post by generallee
The same, standard, tired, old trope. Is that the best argument you can come up with? Seriously??

Argument against what?

Anyone would think (to hear you speak) these elections were in any sense meaningful, in the sense of representing our national "demos", when of course, they aren't in the slightest. But then this the EU after all, the very antithesis of democracy.

The EU is more democratic than Westminster is right now. Though that's not exactly saying much.
Sure they are. Most people don't even know it's new UKIP without the racism and if they did, they wouldn't support it because it no longer has the core thing which attracted them to the old party.
Reply 5
Original post by Dez
Argument against what?

The EU is more democratic than Westminster is right now. Though that's not exactly saying much.

That's true, thanks for agreeing with us. It is a Remainer dominated Parliament in a country split down the middle, and has now lost all democratic legitimacy because of its failure to implement Brexit.

It was given a clear mandate, LEAVE the European Union. A clean Brexit. And a Remainer Prime Minister, Remainer Cabinet, Remainer House of Commons, Remainer House of Lords, Remainer Civil Service, Remainer Judiciary, Remainer MSM are all now openly trying to prevent it.

That is what the Brexit Party stands for. No Deal. That is what we are going to get after we win again.
Reply 6
FFS. this is why the country is divided.

Stop bickering above and leave your opinions to yourself, it looks pathetic arguing politics with someone unprovoked.
Reply 7
That's true, thanks for agreeing with us. It is a Remainer dominated Parliament in a country split down the middle, and has now lost all democratic legitimacy because of its failure to implement Brexit.

It was given a clear mandate, LEAVE the European Union. A clean Brexit. And a Remainer Prime Minister, Remainer Cabinet, Remainer House of Commons, Remainer House of Lords, Remainer Civil Service, Remainer Judiciary, Remainer MSM are all now openly trying to prevent it.

The Conservative government promised the impossible then predictably failed to deliver on it. All the while blaming everyone but themselves, and refusing to listen to any form of compromise. Despite the worst defeat in the House's history, the government still won't listen to reason. Brexit has proven to be a complete failure.

That is what the Brexit Party stands for. No Deal. That is what we are going to get after we win again, even if we need to burn down the f'cking Houses of Parliament to get it. (Which would be no loss).

For the first time I am starting to feel real, visceral anger at you Remainers. And I doubt I am alone. We've had it with you.

It's always interesting to see how Brexit supporters, the self-proclaimed champions of democracy always seem to be just a stone's throw away from fascism and violence. :erm:

But anyway, I don't see the EU election results being all that consequential. The Brexit party is currently on track for something like a 25-30% vote share - likely to be the biggest party (possibly trailing slightly behind Labour) but not exactly an earth-shattering result, and probably not enough to make the government change its course.
Reply 8
Thanks for the advice, but I'll pass!
Original post by xDron3
FFS. this is why the country is divided.

Stop bickering above and leave your opinions to yourself, it looks pathetic arguing politics with someone unprovoked.
Reply 9
Yeah, we are the fascists, you the democrats.

Brexit hasn't been "a failure" we haven't had Brexit. That is kinda our point...
Reply 10
Yeah, we are the fascists, you the democrats.

Well you are the one calling for the Palace of Westminster to be set ablaze. Y'know, an act of violent terrorism.

Brexit hasn't been "a failure" we haven't had Brexit. That is kinda our point...

Yes and the main reason it hasn't happened yet is the continually mounting evidence pointing to what 48% of the country knew all along, i.e. that Brexit is a stupid and unworkable idea.
Original post by Notoriety
Sure they are. Most people don't even know it's new UKIP without the racism and if they did, they wouldn't support it because it no longer has the core thing which attracted them to the old party.

I wouldn't be so sure that The Brexit party aren't going to win the election over here if I were you, so far as the rest of your sweeping statement goes then that, I'm afraid, just shows up your ignorance.
Original post by ColinDent
I wouldn't be so sure that The Brexit party aren't going to win the election over here if I were you, so far as the rest of your sweeping statement goes then that, I'm afraid, just shows up your ignorance.

OK.
Original post by Dez
Well you are the one calling for the Palace of Westminster to be set ablaze. Y'know, an act of violent terrorism.

Yes and the main reason it hasn't happened yet is the continually mounting evidence pointing to what 48% of the country knew all along, i.e. that Brexit is a stupid and unworkable idea.

We leave on WTO terms. Then if the EU wants to realistically negotiate, fine, if not, sayonara, Eurocrats, not nice knowing you. They will negotiate some form of trade deal because they export far more to us than we do to them, the reason they never did was because of Remainers in Parlieamnet and the Civil Service, undermining the UK's position, and the criminal weakness of the Remainer, May.

The Irish border is a fabricated issue. Borders are a two way thing, if Ireland wants to set one up, once again, fine, we don't have to follow.

As for violence, that is always the alternative to democracy. For what else is there if your majority vote means nothing?

That is the situation Remainers are (wilfully and knowingly) creating, the destruction of our fragile democratic polity. You hope for apathy, but what if you get violence instead?

I would say extra parliamentary action was legitimate in the circumstance of no Brexit, and I am a dyed in the wool supporter of parliamentary democracy. But our rulers are given their power by a popular vote. They can't frustrate it in this naked way. It is too big an issue.

Government ministers have a democratic mandate for the power they hold. It isn't theirs by right, to do as they think best. We, the people, hand it to them. They have to be held to account.

And the way democracies work (in advanced societies if not some African one party states) is that the losers (the 48%) accept the result.
OK.

You're not going to substantiate your claim that most of the people that voted for UKIP are racists?
Unless of course you feel that wanting to leave the EU somehow makes people racist, this is of course a weak argument made by those of even weaker minds.
Do you mean racist? Because "most of the people that voted for UKIP are racists" makes no sense.
You're not going to substantiate your claim that most of the people that voted for UKIP are racists?
Unless of course you feel that wanting to leave the EU somehow makes people racist, this is of course a weak argument made by those of even weaker minds.

Thankfully I am quite confident in my intellectual abilities and a random person on TSR ain't gonna change that. Better luck next time, young sir.
Anyone who votes UKIP or for the Brexit Party are ipso facto racist bigots, according to the Remainer media, and countless Remainer twitter accounts...

They can believe what nonsense they like of course, but they also seriously think asserting it is a winning strategy for their point of view. That it claims hearts and minds. You couldn't make it up.

And they are said to be (mostly by their own Remainer media, bizarrely enough ) the clever, educated, sophisticated ones! Doesn't sound like a sophisticated strategy to me, and it didn't seem to work out all that well in the Referendum. But what do I know?

They are the political geniuses. Who dropped us in this mess.
Original post by TensorTympani
Do you mean racist? Because "most of the people that voted for UKIP are racists" makes no sense.

I know that, Notoriety doesn't though.
Thankfully I am quite confident in my intellectual abilities and a random person on TSR ain't gonna change that. Better luck next time, young sir.

If you're that confident then you will doubtlesly be able to back up those assertions with some facts.
Or maybe you're just avoiding the question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending