The Student Room Group

driving test cancelled but now my theory has ran out! Help!!

i had my driving test recently a day before my theory test was due to run out however it got cancelled as soon as i got there as the examiner was ill. Will they let me do another test as it wasn’t my fault or will i have to re do my theory?
Original post by aimeCG
i had my driving test recently a day before my theory test was due to run out however it got cancelled as soon as i got there as the examiner was ill. Will they let me do another test as it wasn’t my fault or will i have to re do my theory?

Have you booked another driving test and if so, when? You should have aimed to do your driving test well in advance of the date that your theory test was due to expire. Leaving it the day before is a little risky (what if you failed?). If your theory test isn't valid, you may have to redo the theory.
Only way to be sure is contact the DVLA directly I suspect.

TBH I'd expect you're financially entitled to another practical test (as they cancelled at last min) but won't be able to book another test as you no longer hold a valid theory pass and I doubt they would be permitted to allow the test. It's not your fault the examiner cancelled...but they would argue it's not their fault you waited till the last 24 hours of a two year theory pass. If you laid it on thick the DVLA might compensate your theory test fee as you were technically denied the use of it but i that's just speculation, I'd imagine in any case they will insist you pass the theory exam again :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending