The Student Room Group

Revision in Easter Holidays *GCSE*

How much has everyone been revising per day in these holidays??
I've been doing approx 4 hours.
6-8 hours
Around 7/8 hours
Reply 3
Damn 7 hours... don't think I could focus for that long. I've been doing 4-5 hours split up. If you revise too much I think it takes a toll

I'm mostly doing active recall rather than writing stuff down tho. I'm definitely not doing enough because I haven't been revising every day D:
Original post by polsan
Damn 7 hours... don't think I could focus for that long. I've been doing 4-5 hours split up. If you revise too much I think it takes a toll

I'm mostly doing active recall rather than writing stuff down tho. I'm definitely not doing enough because I haven't been revising every day D:

Gotta get them three As for medicine somehow
Reply 5
Original post by c_bendelow
Gotta get them three As for medicine somehow

Damn good luck with medicine! o:
Original post by gsb_101

0 hours :frown:
Reply 7
Is 4-5 hours enough then?
It depends on where you're at and how well you already know the content.
Original post by gsb_101
Is 4-5 hours enough then?
Original post by polsan
Damn good luck with medicine! o:

Cheers. Got the offer now only got to get the grades
i've been doing 6-7 hours a day and im so stressed. i still feel like that isn't enough because theres just so much still to revise! Also is anyone doing triple science because i am so stessed out with it lol but i need science if i want to do dentsitry
4/5/6 hours a day but its all active recall or recapping so :s-smilie: it feels like its not revision because im not writing notes haha
Original post by clouddbubbles
4/5/6 hours a day but its all active recall or recapping so :s-smilie: it feels like its not revision because im not writing notes haha

im doing the same as i feel like there is so little time and i would rather be using my time to work on exam practice and past papers then write notes as its very time consuming and i mostly just use my revisio guide and what notes and flashcards i already have.
Original post by gsb_101

Oh **** **** noodles i'm stuffed then. Occasionally I have done about half an hour in a day. I wish I could revise, I really do, but I physically cannot do it. Yeh I know u probably think i'm just saying this because I can't be bothered to get on with it, but it isn't that. It's not the material I find hard, because in class i'm ok with pretty much all the stuff we do. I don't know why I find anything outside of class so hard, like I will literally (no exaggeration here) spend a whole hour trying to do one or two questions and i'll just get so frustrated with myself lol. Whereas in class, the stuff we do is no harder or easier, but I can complete nearly a whole paper (and answer it pretty accurately) in the same time. Well all I can say is you, my friend, is going to smash their exams. I applaud you.
Original post by summxr.a
im doing the same as i feel like there is so little time and i would rather be using my time to work on exam practice and past papers then write notes as its very time consuming and i mostly just use my revisio guide and what notes and flashcards i already have.

That’s all you need to do! I only did flash cards and past papers/essay plans for my GCSEs and came out with 6A*s and 5As!
Original post by c_bendelow
That’s all you need to do! I only did flash cards and past papers/essay plans for my GCSEs and came out with 6A*s and 5As!

wow, those are amazing results!! I can only hope to achieve them as all my target grades are 8/9's (a* and a**). May I ask what a levels you have taken?
Original post by summxr.a
wow, those are amazing results!! I can only hope to achieve them as all my target grades are 8/9's (a* and a**). May I ask what a levels you have taken?

I’m doing chemistry biology and history. Predicted A*AA and got an offer for medicine :smile:
14 hours for a levels with breaks. I revised for like 3 hours a day for GCSEs

Quick Reply

Latest