The Student Room Group

Was this an actual insult?

I was walking with this guy I knew to class and this girl I also knew said I looked very nice in my three piece suit. I said thanks and went about my day.

Then the guy said that the word "nice" means you look meh or barely passable. Which was unbeknownst to me as I always thought it was a compliment that I looked good.

Anyway I can't stop thinking about her comment as I feel that all the times people have told me I look "nice" was just a lie and a cover-up. :/
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Dude no way! I use nice all the time as a compliment because it’s what I’m used to using in the moment u get me. I think that guy is the one in the wrong for even suggesting that! Nice to me always equals 😎👍 and you shouldn’t overthink it. If the girl took the time to say you look nice then she really meant it. No one goes up to someone to tell them they look meh. Hope this helps I already know you looked awesome 😎🤙 if you doubt yourself again in the future or need anymore advice feel free to drop a reply 💕
nah he's being stupid lol.

Nice is a compliment
Original post by LoisLame
Dude no way! I use nice all the time as a compliment because it’s what I’m used to using in the moment u get me. I think that guy is the one in the wrong for even suggesting that! Nice to me always equals 😎👍 and you shouldn’t overthink it. If the girl took the time to say you look nice then she really meant it. No one goes up to someone to tell them they look meh. Hope this helps I already know you looked awesome 😎🤙 if you doubt yourself again in the future or need anymore advice feel free to drop a reply 💕

Thanks for the reply that made me feel better it was helpful and your usage of emojis made me smile.

Btw are you also a fan of Louis Theroux?
He's just jealous. Ignore him. She gave you a compliment so be proud of it.
Original post by IhaveEpilepsy
Thanks for the reply that made me feel better it was helpful and your usage of emojis made me smile.

Btw are you also a fan of Louis Theroux?

Awhhh you are too kind 🥰
I love Louis Theroux. I have ‘I gotta get Theroux this’ on my wall with a picture of Louis to inspire me to revise haha

Such supportive, so emojis, wow
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Such supportive, so emojis, wow

👏😆😂😆🤙
Original post by sinfonietta
He's just jealous. Ignore him. She gave you a compliment so be proud of it.

Thanks. I do tend to over think a lot about little things so your comment made me feel better.

And you might be right. He was probably just upset she didn't say the same to him so wanted to make me feel down.
Awhhh you are too kind 🥰
I love Louis Theroux. I have ‘I gotta get Theroux this’ on my wall with a picture of Louis to inspire me to revise haha

Lol. That's amazing. I should get one of those as well when I need something to make me smile if I am feeling down.:tongue:

I love his documentaries I binge watched all of them on Netflix.
Lol. That's amazing. I should get one of those as well when I need something to make me smile if I am feeling down.:tongue:

I love his documentaries I binge watched all of them on Netflix.

Same haha! I think we could all do with a little more Theroux in our lives 😎🤙
Same haha! I think we could all do with a little more Theroux in our lives 😎🤙

Which documentary do you like the most? A lot of people like the one on Scientology but mine is when he visits the Miami Mega Jail.
Which documentary do you like the most? A lot of people like the one on Scientology but mine is when he visits the Miami Mega Jail.

I loved the Miami Mega Jail doc good choice,, but I have a special place in my heart for Louis and the brothel. He had such great relationships with the women there and they were all so interesting. Plus seeing Louis get a massage is so funny and you don’t get that kind of content in his more serious documentaries ☺️
I loved the Miami Mega Jail doc good choice,, but I have a special place in my heart for Louis and the brothel. He had such great relationships with the women there and they were all so interesting. Plus seeing Louis get a massage is so funny and you don’t get that kind of content in his more serious documentaries ☺️

Oh yeah, I saw that one last year. It was really good. Does he still make docuseries? The last one I watched was on Scientology.
Oh yeah, I saw that one last year. It was really good. Does he still make docuseries? The last one I watched was on Scientology.

Louis recently did some great docs for BBC on sexual harassment and marriage I’m not sure what else he plans in the future. I still need to watch his stuff on Scientology it’s one of the very few I haven’t seen and it’s supposed to be awesome 👌
Reply 15
nah your just overthinking it. it was a compliment haha
Louis recently did some great docs for BBC on sexual harassment and marriage I’m not sure what else he plans in the future. I still need to watch his stuff on Scientology it’s one of the very few I haven’t seen and it’s supposed to be awesome 👌

You definitely should watch the one on Scientology it's amazing. It's the only one he made that was released in theatres.
I was walking with this guy I knew to class and this girl I also knew said I looked very nice in my three piece suit. I said thanks and went about my day.

Then the guy said that the word "nice" means you look meh or barely passable. Which was unbeknowst to me as I always thought it was a compliment that I looked good.

Anyway I can't stop thinking about her comment as I feel that all the times people have told me I look "nice" was just a lie and a cover-up. :/

Has this guy ever spoken english before?

Okay = incredible and awful = decent

He's talking a clown language *HONK*
Original post by Anonymous
Has this guy ever spoken english before?

Okay = incredible and awful = decent

He's talking a clown language *HONK*

That made me smile.
a three piece suite is some furniture so she was being generous...seriously her compliment sounded sincere, but the guy is a d*ck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending