Is cardio the best way to drop weight? Watch

Huita
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Early teens I was a swimmer, I'd swim 6 days a week. I quit that around three almost four years ago now, since then I've put on an insane amount of weight from just drinking fizzy drinks constantly and not doing any exercise at all. I am 5'9 and am 110 KG (232 lbs) At the start of this year I was 120 KG (264 lbs), I joined a rugby team and have been dropping a decent amount of weight since then. But my question is what else can I do? Where I go for rugby won't be having training sessions for the next couple of months. I have access to a gym, swimming pool and I want to get as fit as I can as fast as I can, I have a lot of free time at the moment.
What workout routines would you all suggest?
My goal is to get to the shape where I would be comfortable being shirtless at the beach, I'd like to achieve this body by the time I start Uni (around 3 years)
Last edited by Huita; 1 month ago
SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Controlling what you eat is the best way to lose weight. Especially if you are like me and don’t enjoy cardio
katf
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Swimming is good. And running. And avoiding junk food.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Huita
Rep:
?
I have started controlling my diet and drinks, I basically only drink water with a large coke when I go to the cinema on weekends.
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
Controlling what you eat is the best way to lose weight. Especially if you are like me and don’t enjoy cardio
Huita
Rep:
?
Do you have any numbers for swimming or running? I like to know what distances I should cover until my workout is "done" otherwise I wouldn't complete it.
(Original post by katf)
Swimming is good. And running. And avoiding junk food.
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Huita)
Early teens I was a swimmer, I'd swim 6 days a week. I quit that around three almost four years ago now, since then I've put on an insane amount of weight from just drinking fizzy drinks constantly and not doing any exercise at all. I am 5'9 and am 110 KG (232 lbs) At the start of this year I was 120 KG (264 lbs), I joined a rugby team and have been dropping a decent amount of weight since then. But my question is what else can I do? Where I go for rugby won't be having training sessions for the next couple of months. I have access to a gym, swimming pool and I want to get as fit as I can as fast as I can, I have a lot of free time at the moment.
What workout routines would you all suggest?
My goal is to get to the shape where I would be comfortable being shirtless at the beach, I'd like to achieve this body by the time I start Uni (around 3 years)
big dinners and lots of carbs in all honesty. if you eat a whole plate of potatos you won't end up snacking on high fat meals, or worse still, sugary snacks.

do lots of walking. you keep yourself occupied such that you only feel hungry when you actually need to eat
abdul1998th
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Play crossfit the best way to lose weight
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anything thats high intensity and uses your whole body is the most effective.

Sprinting for a short amount of time > Running for a long time.

google HIIT (high intensity interval training).

You still need to eat less though.
Last edited by ChickenMadness; 1 month ago
abdul1998th
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Exactly but if he do HIIT alone maybe will cause injury that why I prefer crossfit because there's a coach watch you and teach how to do it in a good technique
Lannister043
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by abdul1998th)
Exactly but if he do HIIT alone maybe will cause injury that why I prefer crossfit because there's a coach watch you and teach how to do it in a good technique
Tbh crossfit seems to have a negative rep.
heckinbamboozled
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would recommend doing HIIT cardio and lifting weights. By lifting weights you will help build more muscle making you appear much leaner on top of being a lot stronger. Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (425)
18.68%
The paper was reasonable (1075)
47.25%
Not feeling great about that exam... (505)
22.2%
It was TERRIBLE (270)
11.87%

Watched Threads