The Student Room Group

Step up to Social Work Cohort 6

Anyone heard back yet??

Scroll to see replies

A few people have on the “Step Up to social work 2020” thread
Reply 2
I'll have to have a look. Are you waiting?
Original post by S1elyak1
A few people have on the “Step Up to social work 2020” thread
Original post by Studio57
I'll have to have a look. Are you waiting?

Yeah I am, which region have you applied to?
Reply 4
Berkshire....I've have an assessment date now.
Original post by Studio57
Berkshire....I've have an assessment date now.

Ahh congrats, that's great news!
Reply 6
Thank you. X
Ahh congrats, that's great news!
Reply 7
No not here in Yorkshire and Humber. Rang Capita and they said should hear by end April/early May. Still obsessively checking email everyday...good luck!
Original post by Saturn3
No not here in Yorkshire and Humber. Rang Capita and they said should hear by end April/early May. Still obsessively checking email everyday...good luck!

When did you ring them? I spoke to them 2 weeks ago and they said that but other regions have had their estimated time of hearing pushed back!
Reply 9
A few days ago
When did you ring them? I spoke to them 2 weeks ago and they said that but other regions have had their estimated time of hearing pushed back!
Reply 10
Are you waiting to hear about Yorkshire and Humber? I got the impression local authorities will all be shortlisting at slightly different times. It feels like such a long wait!
Original post by Saturn3
Are you waiting to hear about Yorkshire and Humber? I got the impression local authorities will all be shortlisting at slightly different times. It feels like such a long wait!

Yeah I am, which LA's did you apply for? Just think though, by this time next week we could know if we have been accepted to the assessment centre or not which is exciting yet terrifying!
Reply 12
In order, York, Hull, Doncaster. How about you? I hope we know by next week. Excited and a bit terrified sounds like a good mix for an assessment centre! Previous reviews sound like they enjoyed it!
Yeah I am, which LA's did you apply for? Just think though, by this time next week we could know if we have been accepted to the assessment centre or not which is exciting yet terrifying!
Original post by Saturn3
In order, York, Hull, Doncaster. How about you? I hope we know by next week. Excited and a bit terrified sounds like a good mix for an assessment centre! Previous reviews sound like they enjoyed it!

I only applied for Leeds because I can't drive sadly. I really hope we do, I'm going slightly mad! Yeah, I have been to interviews for Social Work courses at university and they are kind of enjoyable and have a similar format to to the AC's I believe. It's nice meeting the other people and getting to know them but at the same time being ''judged'' all day is exhausting!
I have been given an assessment date - South West 2!
Reply 15
Congratulations and good luck for the Assessment day. I have a date for Yorkshire and Hunger, hoping you do also S1elyak1 ?

Original post by afisher97
Which local Authority?
Original post by afisher97

Which Local Authority?
Original post by Saturn3
Congratulations and good luck for the Assessment day. I have a date for Yorkshire and Hunger, hoping you do also S1elyak1 ?

Sadly I didn't but good luck with yours!
Reply 19
So sorry to hear your news....maybe you should learn to drive? And apply again next year? Xxxxxx
Sadly I didn't but good luck with yours!

Quick Reply

Latest