The Student Room Group

psychology research proposal

Hey,

For my quantitative research methods module I have to do a research proposal. I have to do a lit review, a methodology section and state what method of analysis would be used. My research question is are undergraduate students experiencing suicidal thoughts and self harming behaviours more likely to drop out?
I'm just a bit stuck on the method section, does anybody have any ideas on how they would study this?
also what would my method of analysis be with the IV being suicidal thoughts and self harming behaviour and the DV being likeliness to drop out. (I suck at the stats side).

Any help is greatly appreciated. :smile:
Original post by ILS1234
Hey,

For my quantitative research methods module I have to do a research proposal. I have to do a lit review, a methodology section and state what method of analysis would be used. My research question is are undergraduate students experiencing suicidal thoughts and self harming behaviours more likely to drop out?
I'm just a bit stuck on the method section, does anybody have any ideas on how they would study this?
also what would my method of analysis be with the IV being suicidal thoughts and self harming behaviour and the DV being likeliness to drop out. (I suck at the stats side).

Any help is greatly appreciated. :smile:

Take a look at the methods of data collection they you know, and then decide which one(s) would allow you to gather the data you need most appropriately.

For the IV and DV, you first need to decide how you would measure each of these quantitatively (i.e. what unit of measure, what your data could look like) before you can choose an analysis method. Think about the relationship you expect to find (e.g. if X increases, so does Y/if X increases, Y decreases etc.) and then choose the tests which will tell you whether that's happening or not.

Quick Reply

Latest