The Student Room Group

Student Finance 19/20 Guide [APPLICATIONS OPEN TODAY]

Scroll to see replies

Hi Millie,

Thanks for responding. That's what I ended up doing! Hopefully it doesn't delay the process for too long. I'll let you know how I get on :smile:
Original post by Milliecuthbert
This is the same situation i am in. Put your new legal name on the application. They will contact you to tell you it is different and ask for evidence of name change. I sent in my Deed Poll certificate and everything is fine. :smile: It would be great to hear back from you on how it went so that we can compare situations and give advice.

Hope this helps. :smile:
Reply 21
I have downloaded the EUPR1a 2019/20 form but it doesn't have anything regarding maintenance loan...only states the tuition fee loan. Is there an extra form?
Original post by Lavi88
I have downloaded the EUPR1a 2019/20 form but it doesn't have anything regarding maintenance loan...only states the tuition fee loan. Is there an extra form?

EU students aren't entitled to a maintenance loan unless they have been resident in the UK for 5 years before the start of their course or qualify as a migrant worker/child of a migrant worker.

If you're eligible for a maintenance loan then you need to complete the SFE application for UK students not the EU paper form.
Reply 23
My mistake. I need to fill the PR1 form as this will be the second year? I remember that the first year I filled the PN1 form.

Original post by PQ
EU students aren't entitled to a maintenance loan unless they have been resident in the UK for 5 years before the start of their course or qualify as a migrant worker/child of a migrant worker.

If you're eligible for a maintenance loan then you need to complete the SFE application for UK students not the EU paper form.
When is the deadline to apply for continuing students?
Original post by _Leviathan_
When is the deadline to apply for continuing students?

The deadline deadline is May 2020

The recommendated date to have your application (including household income assessment) complete by is the 20something of June
Hi,
When are applications open for Part Time students (for 19-20)?
thanks!
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi! Can you please give me more details about the maintenance loan as I am also from EU and this is my 1st year in uni. Thank you!
Original post by Lavi88
My mistake. I need to fill the PR1 form as this will be the second year? I remember that the first year I filled the PN1 form.
Reply 28
Original post by hideyuki
Hi! Can you please give me more details about the maintenance loan as I am also from EU and this is my 1st year in uni. Thank you!

Have you been living in the UK for 5 years?
https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/eu-students
No. Three years :frown: but both my parents work.
Original post by Doones
Have you been living in the UK for 5 years?
https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/eu-students
Hi there,

I'll turn 20 this August. I've been living in UK for 1 year and i never lived in EU (I have different nationality). My dad is an EU National and have been working in UK for last 4 years. Last year i applied for student loan but got rejected (I don't actually remember that in which category i applied). University of Manchester is treating me as a Home student. If i apply as a child of Immigrant worker will i be eligible for it ? as my EU friend have not lived in UK and EU for atleast three years & he's getting the loan from SFE.

Waiting for your response
I have applied for a degree apprenticeship but don't know if I have a place yet. My backup is uni, should I wait until I know what I'm doing before applying for a loan for uni? Is it better to apply for a loan now and then cancel it if I get the apprenticeship? I know there is no loan for apprenticeships but I have been told to apply for the loan sooner rather than later.
Hi

I have a BA Hons degree, completed a PGCE but wanting to go on to children’s nursing. Would I be able to get funding for an MSc 2 year course?

Thank you
Hi Lynette
What is the full course name and university name?
Thanks,Isaac.
Original post by Lynetteb35
Hi

I have a BA Hons degree, completed a PGCE but wanting to go on to children’s nursing. Would I be able to get funding for an MSc 2 year course?

Thank you
Original post by murpo
If you have any questions about 19/20 funding, please post below.

I will continue to update this thread

I’m still on time in order to apply? When is the deadline?
Original post by _ellenpro
I’m still on time in order to apply? When is the deadline?

You've missed the deadline to be guaranteed payment at the start of your course - but you still have time to apply and get paid a little late. Apply asap to minimise any delay.
i'm applying to uni this year , any way to know what schloarships / bursaries i can apply to and when ? ireally want to find a full scholarship if possible
Edit: not relevant anymore.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending