The Student Room Group

QTS Skills tests- can I use paper!?

Hi,

I'm just looking at practice skills tests for my PGCE application, and was wondering if you can write notes down during the maths skills test?! I find maths much easier when I can see it written down in front of me.. but unsure if i'd be allowed to use paper in the test centre!

(Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this, i'm not much good at forums :colondollar: )

Thanks! xx
Reply 1
And also - does anybody know how long they take?! I.e. if I book one for 9.30 and the other for 11am? Can't seem to get any info out of the .gov website! x
They take roughly 45 minutes I think, and the centre is supposed to supply you with something for Numeracy to do your workings on, whether that's a whiteboard or a piece of card....
Reply 3
The tests take 45 minutes each. I booked one for 1.30 and one for 3, leaving 45 minutes inbetween just incase the first one was delayed at all. As it turned out, the test centre just let me take them one after the other as soon as a computer was free :smile:
Reply 4
They give you a whiteboard and a whiteboard pen. My advice is to write small because I couldn't rub off my workings and had to put my hand up for another board. Not good when you are timed on mental maths. I asked if I could have two boards but they said no only one at a time
When I logged into the website to try and book a test it says there are 2 exams in the catalogue - Numeracy and Literacy but when you click them it says the fee is £18 quid or something? I thought it was meant to be free the first time you do them or am I on the wrong bit? Please help me someone!
*19.50 it says it is?
Reply 7
Thanks guys :smile:

Yeah it says that, but then when you go to 'checkout' it takes the money off Steveluis10!
Reply 8
Oh thank goodness! I was wondering this too.
So you get to write down? This was worrying me too!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Is this still true? Do they still give you something to write on?
Original post by Malteaser2605
Is this still true? Do they still give you something to write on?

you get a whiteboard
Reply 12
When I took my literacy one the pen and whiteboard was awful. Does anyone know if I can ask for pen and paper instead for my numeracy?
Reply 13
Same here. I'm about to take my first Numeracy test and as far as I remember when I went in for my literacy test, the whiteboards were appalling. Also I can't write on a whiteboard and the space to write on the whiteboard is horrendously small. Using whiteboards is actually retarded.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending