UAL and London College Of Fashion (LCF) best halls for first year?

Watch
anniechr
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi!

So I'm really curious to know where the most social and fun halls are for your first year at LCF or UAL (but near the lime grove building) because I understand that the costume store is the nearest, but the area is sooo boring?! and on top of that I would only be at the uni 2/3 days a week so travelling slightly further isn't too bothersome if it means being somewhere friendly and more "uni" like social wise. If anyone is studying Fashion Styling & Production of just going to LCF would you mind telling me where you think you're going to go/your plans? I don't want to end up somewhere with barely anyone from the school/course so if everyone was just going to but the costume store then maybe it wouldn't be so bad being there?
I'm waiting to find out if I've got a place but if I got in I'm really unsure with what to do as I want to obviously do halls to meet people before my 2nd/3rd years!

Somewhere quite arty and fun would be ideal, where people actually are looking to go out and do things with each other. I'm looking to move into London as I currently live near Bournemouth/Salisbury and wouldn't want to travel that everyday lol.
lukigreen98
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi!

I'm also going to LCF this year to do costume and feel exactly the same as you when it comes to accommodation, I think I will still put the costume store as one of my room options however I will also be applying for Sketch House because I think it's in a more vibrant area where there will be more things to do and I'm not too bothered about travelling to uni by tube. Just think its a shame that LCF lime grove students don't get that much of an option for near by accommodation because although the costume store is lovely its let down by the area, price and the fact it has SINGLE beds aha.
Kiradrust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Heyy, Im also going to lime grove LCF to do Fashion Knitwear, I'm applying to the costume store but its my last option, the others I'm applying to are Highline Building and Glassyard Building as they are more central and closer to my friends at LCC and Camberwell - they are both about 40 mins on tube from Lime Grove - so annoying there are hardly any close to Lime Grove...
Kiradrust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Heyy, Im also going to lime grove LCF to do Fashion Knitwear, I'm applying to the costume store but its my last option, the others I'm applying to are Highline Building and Glassyard Building as they are more central and closer to my friends at LCC and Camberwell - they are both about 40 mins on tube from Lime Grove - so annoying there are hardly any close to Lime Grove...
Niamhrosepadbury
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi,I have just received an offer from LCF and was thinking the exact same about the halls! Please may you tell me what you did in the end/ your opinion on what would be best? I’m thinking of the costume store, highline and glassyard so far as they’re all fairly close to Lime Grove and in nice areas! What’s the social life like for them as I don’t want to be somewhere boring! Thank you
andysacal
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, I will also be going to LCF lime grove campus to study fashion journalism and was thinking the same about the halls. I have heard that the costume store isn't the most fun area. Could anyone give any suggestions?
nevemorgan
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey, I'm going to study Fashion Journalism in LCF in September 2019, anyone else on this course?? Also what is the best halls to stay in, I am quite the party animal and always up for a good night out...
nevemorgan
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey, I'm going to study Fashion Journalism in LCF in September 2019, anyone else on this course?? Also what is the best halls to stay in, I like a party and always up for a good night out... I have also downloaded this app called Campus and it helps you meet people on your course
Last edited by nevemorgan; 2 years ago
andysacal
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by nevemorgan)
Hey, I'm going to study Fashion Journalism in LCF in September 2019, anyone else on this course?? Also what is the best halls to stay in, I am quite the party animal and always up for a good night out... I have also downloaded this app called Campus and it helps you meet people on your course
Hey! I'll also be studying fashion journalism at lcf and love to party. I've applied for The Costume Store since it is the closest to our campus x
nevemorgan
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey, yeh I was looking at that one but I've heard mixed reviews, where are you from..
(Original post by andysacal)
Hey! I'll also be studying fashion journalism at lcf and love to party. I've applied for The Costume Store since it is the closest to our campus x
andysacal
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey, yeh I was looking at that one but I've heard mixed reviews, where are you from..
Yeah, i've also heard mixed reviews but its the closest one to campus so...
I'm from Mexico City, you?
ilovehim
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hii sry for intruding ahha i was wondering should i apply to the costume store? i was just hoping there would be closer accomodations
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
Hey i'll be going to lcf lime grove for international study of fashion and the halls are expensive and also some are too far and the one's near by are let down because of their area. Any suggestions for halls or safe area to live would be great.
nevemorgan
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey i’m going to stay in emily bowes court looks lively and a nice area easy access to everywhere.
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey i'll be going to lcf lime grove for international study of fashion and the halls are expensive and also some are too far and the one's near by are let down because of their area. Any suggestions for halls or safe area to live would be great.
andysacal
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ilovehim)
hii sry for intruding ahha i was wondering should i apply to the costume store? i was just hoping there would be closer accomodations
I will be staying at the costume store because it is the closest accomodation to the lime grove campus. Did you apply?
ilovehim
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
yay ya i applied there too if all goes well then can't wait to see u there!!
I will be staying at the costume store because it is the closest accomodation to the lime grove campus. Did you apply?
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
i got an offer from costume store but the reviews are so negative so now i'm wondering whether or not to accept the offer.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
Can we apply for the halls again because i definitely don't want to be stuck in costume store after all the comments about it
Hey i’m going to stay in emily bowes court looks lively and a nice area easy access to everywhere.
nevemorgan
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey I think you might be able to, I went to visit the costume store and didn't like it but I am waiting to hear back from Emily Bowes Court because I loved it..
(Original post by Anonymous)
Can we apply for the halls again because i definitely don't want to be stuck in costume store after all the comments about it
chantella4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi
Is everyone going via UAL accomodation office ? Looks like some of you are contacting the halls directly ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
3.45%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (8)
13.79%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (8)
13.79%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (7)
12.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (23)
39.66%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (10)
17.24%

Watched Threads