The Student Room Group

AQA French GCSE Higher Speaking Exam (9-1)

I am really confused about the layout of the GCSE AQA French higher speaking exam.

For the general conversation, we were given a sheet with all the modules and themes and we were told to answer the questions on them in order to prepare for it. But I don't know whether I'm supposed to answer all the questions on all the modules or just the ones on my chosen theme.

Also, could someone please explain how the role play, photo card and general conversation will be carried out and the timings as I'm struggling to understand it. My french teacher is really confusing!

Thanks in advance :smile:
Heres the spec:
http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/languages/gcse/french-8658/specification-at-a-glance
Also I think that the examiners will ask any of the questions for the general convo, so its good to be prepared and answer all of them.
Reply 2
Original post by Gaxia_zoom
Heres the spec:
http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/languages/gcse/french-8658/specification-at-a-glance
Also I think that the examiners will ask any of the questions for the general convo, so its good to be prepared and answer all of them.

Thank you! :grin:
Hi as far as I know, this is how the exam is layed out: for the general conversation you will pick one theme to talk about. The photo card will be on one of the other two themes, and then in the general conversaiton you will have to talk about the third theme that is left over. So lets says you choose Theme 3,the photo card will be on Theme 1 and the other general coversation theme will be Theme 2. So basically in the general conversation, you will have to talk about two themes. It´s a bit confusing because you have to choose the theme, but you will be assessed on all three themes in the exam.
hi guys do you know if the photo cards and role-plays on the AQA website will be the ones we will use in the real exam, or are they just examples... because for examples there a quite a few lol
Reply 5
Original post by heysomeonehelp
hi guys do you know if the photo cards and role-plays on the AQA website will be the ones we will use in the real exam, or are they just examples... because for examples there a quite a few lol

Hello, I think they are just examples, as I read on the AQA website that the ‘real’ GCSE speaking test materials will be issued on 4th April 2018 for Examination Officers.

And yes there is a lot of examples as I think they need to cover each aspect of the themes. This could be so teachers and students have a rough idea of the type of content that may appear.

But hey, I mean that’s more practice for us I guess! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by galaxy1008
Hi as far as I know, this is how the exam is layed out: for the general conversation you will pick one theme to talk about. The photo card will be on one of the other two themes, and then in the general conversaiton you will have to talk about the third theme that is left over. So lets says you choose Theme 3,the photo card will be on Theme 1 and the other general coversation theme will be Theme 2. So basically in the general conversation, you will have to talk about two themes. It´s a bit confusing because you have to choose the theme, but you will be assessed on all three themes in the exam.

Ah, it makes much more sense now, thanks!
Original post by galaxy1008
If we choose theme 1 and only know theme 1 and 3 will there be a chance of theme 2 coming on the general conversation aswell or not?
Hi, if you choose Theme 3 as your theme for the general conversation, and you get theme 1 as your photo card, would your role play be theme 2, or is the role play part of the general conversation?
They are all separate in the speaking there is:

-General conversation (Part A and Part B)
-Roleplay
-Photocard

Say if I decide to do theme 2 as my chosen theme in general conversation part A would be asked those questions and in general conversation part B they would ask me random questions from any of the other themes.

Also, if my general conversation chosen theme is theme 2 in the roleplay and photocard it WILL NOT BE THEME 2 it would only be theme 1 or theme 3

Also General conversation part A is a series of questions of your chosen theme and general conversation part B is the other questions just if ur confused
Thanks, this really helps a lot!
Original post by xdbatmanpvpxd
They are all separate in the speaking there is:

-General conversation (Part A and Part B)
-Roleplay
-Photocard

Say if I decide to do theme 2 as my chosen theme in general conversation part A would be asked those questions and in general conversation part B they would ask me random questions from any of the other themes.

Also, if my general conversation chosen theme is theme 2 in the roleplay and photocard it WILL NOT BE THEME 2 it would only be theme 1 or theme 3

Also General conversation part A is a series of questions of your chosen theme and general conversation part B is the other questions just if ur confused

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending