Scroll to see replies

Original post by student123xox
Anyone doing any of these books/plays?:
-An Inspector Calls
-Romeo and Juliet
-Jekyll and Hyde
-Power and Conflict poetry

Pleaseeee reply, im so scared for these exams

I've studied Inspector Calls and Romeo Juliet, been in a version of Romeo and Juliet and been in a stage adaptation of Jekyll and Hyde (stage version is different to the novel).

How may I be of use?

Don't panic, it's going to be fine. :smile: No harm will come to you if you don't do very well, you will continue to be a living, breathing and functioning human being and all will be well. :biggrin:
Reply 2
hey! Im doing all of these pieces of literature, Im expected 8s ive got some revision material if you want it? x
yes please! how can i receive them off of you?x
Original post by Finn gg
hey! Im doing all of these pieces of literature, Im expected 8s ive got some revision material if you want it? x
Reply 4
Its quite a lot of stuff :smile: dont get overwhelm by the sheer amount, just break it down to the simple themes and characters x I'll the separate pieces of lit to different messages to avoid confusion :smile: this is stuff for jekyll and hyde:
Thank you so much!!!

Original post by finn gg
its quite a lot of stuff :smile: dont get overwhelm by the sheer amount, just break it down to the simple themes and characters x i'll the separate pieces of lit to different messages to avoid confusion :smile: this is stuff for jekyll and hyde:
Thank you so much again!!! Xx

Original post by finn gg
this is the stuff i have on romeo and juliet :smile:
Reply 8
anytime, im sat at my laptop rn stressing as well so i completely understand the feeling, i wish you the best in the next month! trust me its not too late, if you work hard now it WILL pay off x
Thank you so much again!!! Xx
i wish you the best of luck as well!!
do you have anything for An Inspector Calls? x
Original post by Finn gg
anytime, im sat at my laptop rn stressing as well so i completely understand the feeling, i wish you the best in the next month! trust me its not too late, if you work hard now it WILL pay off x
Hi there, I studied power and conflict and the great thing about all the poems is that there's so many you can link them to. Do you have the revision guide for poetry? If you do, I would use the table on the inner cover which lists which poems go with which themes. Even if you don't have the revision guide, you could always make one and that would be good revision? So list the themes on one side and the poems on the other :smile:

I also did Inspector Calls and to be honest, it's really easy and nothing to be worried about. Just a quick tip about context, put it in the beginning because most people tend to forget about it later on and they're easy marks to get. And when choosing which question to do, go for the theme rather than character because it's easier to discuss the playwright at work when doing a theme question than a character. If you go for the character question, remember the character is a construct and isn't real.

Sorry that's quite long. Hope it helps x
Hello,
yes i have a Poetry revision guide and i have done that with each poem for the themes.

Yes, i find An Inspector Calls the easiest part of the whole English Literature course, and i am quit confident with how it will go in the exam. And yes, all my teachers have always said to go for the theme question.

Good Luck in your up coming exams! xx
Original post by neko no basu
Hi there, I studied power and conflict and the great thing about all the poems is that there's so many you can link them to. Do you have the revision guide for poetry? If you do, I would use the table on the inner cover which lists which poems go with which themes. Even if you don't have the revision guide, you could always make one and that would be good revision? So list the themes on one side and the poems on the other :smile:

I also did Inspector Calls and to be honest, it's really easy and nothing to be worried about. Just a quick tip about context, put it in the beginning because most people tend to forget about it later on and they're easy marks to get. And when choosing which question to do, go for the theme rather than character because it's easier to discuss the playwright at work when doing a theme question than a character. If you go for the character question, remember the character is a construct and isn't real.

Sorry that's quite long. Hope it helps x
Reply 12
i've got a big powerpoint with a lot of stuff on it but its too big to attach, I'll send you it over a link https://drive.google.com/open?id=19j8hKnll299WeSKAuEyG2R6u59I6GPx_
i wish you the best of luck as well!!
do you have anything for An Inspector Calls? x
Thank you! x
Original post by Finn gg
i've got a big powerpoint with a lot of stuff on it but its too big to attach, I'll send you it over a link https://drive.google.com/open?id=19j8hKnll299WeSKAuEyG2R6u59I6GPx_
Hi, I'm doing all the same texts as you guys (So J & H - R & J - AIC - Conflict). Do you guys have any other helpful materials (especially for poetry) as I'm really struggling? I have NO idea how to revise in general for English. So if you have any techniques that have really helped please send them through!

I don't have the revision guide as well for poetry so if any of you could send through a pic of which themes and poems link that would b great. thanksss
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 15
im doing love and relationship in the poetry anthology so i cant help you there im afraid. I use a lot of podcasts on youtube....theres a tonne of stuff.
Original post by NoSignal101
Hi, I'm doing all the same texts as you guys (So J & H - R & J - AIC - Conflict). Do you guys have any other helpful materials (especially for poetry) as I'm really struggling? I have NO idea how to revise in general for English. So if you have any techniques that have really helped please send them through!

I don't have the revision guide as well for poetry so if any of you could send through a pic of which themes and poems link that would b great. thanksss
Reply 16
hi justa quick question about J+H, is repressed homosexuality a theme to focus on or is it a less significant one??
Original post by 04MR17
I've studied Inspector Calls and Romeo Juliet, been in a version of Romeo and Juliet and been in a stage adaptation of Jekyll and Hyde (stage version is different to the novel).

How may I be of use?

Don't panic, it's going to be fine. :smile: No harm will come to you if you don't do very well, you will continue to be a living, breathing and functioning human being and all will be well. :biggrin:
I think the best way to revise for Power and Conflict Poetry is to make detailed notes on 5 poems which cover all the possible themes (e.g. war, identity, abuse of power) so that you can compare them to any poem you get on the exam day. Also, I find it really useful to make comparison grids between poems on language, structure and form. That way, I can learn the key quotes and the main comparison points which I find really useful. For AIC, I basically just made loads of flashcards on the key themes, characters and context. I also made some notes on the stage directions and lighting. Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by NoSignal101

seneca is a really good website for revision , and ecspecially english litreature.

using seneca since the beginning of year11 has pushed my english litreature grade up by 3 grade boundries!

so yeh i really reccomend using seneca X
Reply 19
yes! i forgot about seneca it is extremely efficient... would recommended it greatly!

seneca is a really good website for revision , and ecspecially english litreature.

using seneca since the beginning of year11 has pushed my english litreature grade up by 3 grade boundries!

so yeh i really reccomend using seneca X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending