The Student Room Group

Climate change the world is doomed

why are we doing nothing about man made climate change we must hit business where it hurts and plan more protests stopping traffic it is a clear problem this earth is in dire trouble why is no one taking action?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by merko
why are we doing nothing about man made climate change we must hit business where it hurts and plan more protests stopping traffic it is a clear problem this earth is in dire trouble why is no one taking action?

Sorry but not many people have the time or effort to quit their jobs and go on protest. People have lives that need living
Why 'must' you 'hit business where it hurts and plan more protests stopping traffic'? There's about as much justification as you wanting to blow up an oil rig.
Original post by merko
but you can still do something to save the world from destruction, get your head out the sand idiot

Good to see you're as charming as you are intelligent.
Original post by merko
but you can still do something to save the world from destruction, get your head out the sand idiot

First, calm down and try to be respectful. See what happened with the protests? People got arrested and ended being made fun of online. It’s now in the past and hasn’t made a difference.
Blocking traffic, yes because that helps pollution.
Reply 6
Original post by Professional G
First, calm down and try to be respectful. See what happened with the protests? People got arrested and ended being made fun of online. It’s now in the past and hasn’t made a difference.

Respectful come on I am scared about the future for this earth global warming is happening faster than people first thought why is no one taking it seriously, it is like the consumption of meat is not helping, if we cut down on meat that can help
Original post by merko
Respectful come on I am scared about the future for this earth global warming is happening faster than people first thought why is no one taking it seriously, it is like the consumption of meat is not helping, if we cut down on meat that can help

You're scared for the future so you think that justifies being disrespectful to people?
Original post by merko

Here is someone...who clearly has never worked a day in their life, and doesn't realize that the climate has always been changing. Yes greenhouse gas emissions caused or related to mankind's activities contribute but we aren't the biggest emitters by a long shot
Reply 9
Original post by That'sGreat
You're scared for the future so you think that justifies being disrespectful to people?

yes because people like you fail to see the damage already done
Original post by merko

Just because you are scared doesn’t give you the right to insult others. What’s a random guy on a site gonna do about it? It’s a personal choice and many people don’t really want to cut down on meat or anything. Look at the petition to bringing back plastic straws. Like I said, many people rarely care about the environment
Original post by merko

Why should we listen to you? The moment you try to justify insulting others than that’s your audience gone
Just because you are scared doesn’t give you the right to insult others. What’s a random guy on a site gonna do about it? It’s a personal choice and many people don’t really want to cut down on meat or anything. Look at the petition to bringing back plastic straws. Like I said, many people rarely care about the environment

probably some 15 year old who's frustrated.
Reply 13

and that attitude will kill this planet before much longer ****ing give up
Original post by merko
and that attitude will kill this planet before much longer ****ing give up

I’m not giving up. Why don’t you quit being an ass? I rather continue to eat meat than listen to a person like you
Original post by merko
you are ****ing retarded read a damn book and it will tell you us humans are the biggest contributors to global warming before much longer we will be dead because of it

sigh.... you're clearly some 14 or 15 year old. Finish your education and try to reduce your pollution while you're at it.

And no.... we are not all going to be submerged under water anytime soon, as i have said before the Climate is meant to change. Temperatures will fluctuate regardless of humanity's actions (as they have before). We ought to reduce our pollution and stop cutting down trees, and burning fossil fuels so much. That's about it
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by That'sGreat
Why 'must' you 'hit business where it hurts and plan more protests stopping traffic'? There's about as much justification as you wanting to blow up an oil rig.

Arguably going after oil rigs would be a far better strategy for getting any demands met.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Arguably going after oil rigs would be a far better strategy for getting any demands met.

It wouldn't but sure
Original post by merko

The real problem with Climate Change is the the more vocal the activist is, the further away from the science is. The most vocal activist, Alexandra Ocasio Cortex (aka Alex Occasional Cortex) thinks that the world is going to end in 12 years. I don't bother arguing with activists in this area because they know ZERO! ZERO! about the science. When I called up LBC and started discussing the lack of science in the general arguments with the presenter, he responses to me with Gaia and earth consciousness ideas - i.e. basically magic.

I think people are so dumbed down today, that the irony of countering a scientific argument with magic, is actually lost most people. People these days have lost the ability to actually think, and are often conceited in their ignorance with their lack of ability to think.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by merko

Except I'm probably a bigger advocate of moving towards full renewable or nuclear energy sources than most other people. The only difference is, I'm not ignorant and rude, unlike you.

Quick Reply

Latest