The Student Room Group

UKMT IMC 2019 chat

Scroll to see replies

I missed out on a kangaroo merit by one mark. I got 106 and the merit was 107!

I have another two attempts until I’m too old to take part though.
Original post by Blobfish12345
I missed out on a kangaroo merit by one mark. I got 106 and the merit was 107!

I have another two attempts until I’m too old to take part though.

Ah well done! That’s annoying but there’s always next year ☺️ I did the grey (I think lol the older one), not sure what my score was but I doubt it’s much over 90, I’m still shocked I got that high 😂 I can’t do it again though so next year it’ll just be the SMC which I did this year and got a silver in so I’ll be trying to improve on that 😂
Turns out I got 102! Not sure how, must’ve been some lucky guessing 😂
Original post by imogen28
Do you know how you did? Don’t have my score yet but I got a merit somehow and the boundary was 90 so very happy with that!

Wow that's great news! I am also happy to have got a merit and achieved a score of 105/135 which I was very surprised with :smile:
Original post by Yt.shusshhhh
Wow that's great news! I am also happy to have got a merit and achieved a score of 105/135 which I was very surprised with :smile:

Well done!!
Well done!!

Original post by Yt.shusshhhh

Yeah 102 somehow :lol: I guess I had some lucky guesses 😂
Yeah 102 somehow :lol: I guess I had some lucky guesses 😂

Wow well done!
Does anyone know roughly what percentage of people go into the different kangaroos and olympiads from the imc. I am just curious as I got a merit in the grey kangaroo so I want to know where I stand out in my cohort
Original post by maths567
Does anyone know roughly what percentage of people go into the different kangaroos and olympiads from the imc. I am just curious as I got a merit in the grey kangaroo so I want to know where I stand out in my cohort

Not sure how many do it overall but it says on the website around 1500 go on to the Olympiad and about 8000 do the kangaroos - merit is top 25% in the kangaroo (well it is for pink not sure about grey) :smile:
What do you think the boundaries will be this year for the JMC based on the difficulty of this year's paper in comparison to past papers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending