The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

UAL and London College Of Fashion (LCF) best halls for first year?

Hi!

So I'm really curious to know where the most social and fun halls are for your first year at LCF or UAL (but near the lime grove building) because I understand that the costume store is the nearest, but the area is sooo boring?! and on top of that I would only be at the uni 2/3 days a week so travelling slightly further isn't too bothersome if it means being somewhere friendly and more "uni" like social wise. If anyone is studying Fashion Styling & Production of just going to LCF would you mind telling me where you think you're going to go/your plans? I don't want to end up somewhere with barely anyone from the school/course so if everyone was just going to but the costume store then maybe it wouldn't be so bad being there?
I'm waiting to find out if I've got a place but if I got in I'm really unsure with what to do as I want to obviously do halls to meet people before my 2nd/3rd years!

Somewhere quite arty and fun would be ideal, where people actually are looking to go out and do things with each other. I'm looking to move into London as I currently live near Bournemouth/Salisbury and wouldn't want to travel that everyday lol.

Scroll to see replies

Hi!

I'm also going to LCF this year to do costume and feel exactly the same as you when it comes to accommodation, I think I will still put the costume store as one of my room options however I will also be applying for Sketch House because I think it's in a more vibrant area where there will be more things to do and I'm not too bothered about travelling to uni by tube. Just think its a shame that LCF lime grove students don't get that much of an option for near by accommodation because although the costume store is lovely its let down by the area, price and the fact it has SINGLE beds aha.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Heyy, Im also going to lime grove LCF to do Fashion Knitwear, I'm applying to the costume store but its my last option, the others I'm applying to are Highline Building and Glassyard Building as they are more central and closer to my friends at LCC and Camberwell - they are both about 40 mins on tube from Lime Grove - so annoying there are hardly any close to Lime Grove...:frown:
Reply 3
Heyy, Im also going to lime grove LCF to do Fashion Knitwear, I'm applying to the costume store but its my last option, the others I'm applying to are Highline Building and Glassyard Building as they are more central and closer to my friends at LCC and Camberwell - they are both about 40 mins on tube from Lime Grove - so annoying there are hardly any close to Lime Grove...:frown:
Hi,I have just received an offer from LCF and was thinking the exact same about the halls! Please may you tell me what you did in the end/ your opinion on what would be best? I’m thinking of the costume store, highline and glassyard so far as they’re all fairly close to Lime Grove and in nice areas! What’s the social life like for them as I don’t want to be somewhere boring! Thank you :smile:
Hi, I will also be going to LCF lime grove campus to study fashion journalism and was thinking the same about the halls. I have heard that the costume store isn't the most fun area. Could anyone give any suggestions?
Hey, I'm going to study Fashion Journalism in LCF in September 2019, anyone else on this course?? Also what is the best halls to stay in, I am quite the party animal and always up for a good night out...
Hey, I'm going to study Fashion Journalism in LCF in September 2019, anyone else on this course?? Also what is the best halls to stay in, I like a party and always up for a good night out... I have also downloaded this app called Campus and it helps you meet people on your course
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by nevemorgan
Hey, I'm going to study Fashion Journalism in LCF in September 2019, anyone else on this course?? Also what is the best halls to stay in, I am quite the party animal and always up for a good night out... I have also downloaded this app called Campus and it helps you meet people on your course

Hey! I'll also be studying fashion journalism at lcf and love to party. I've applied for The Costume Store since it is the closest to our campus x
Hey, yeh I was looking at that one but I've heard mixed reviews, where are you from..
Original post by andysacal
Hey! I'll also be studying fashion journalism at lcf and love to party. I've applied for The Costume Store since it is the closest to our campus x
Hey, yeh I was looking at that one but I've heard mixed reviews, where are you from..

Yeah, i've also heard mixed reviews but its the closest one to campus so...
I'm from Mexico City, you?
hii sry for intruding ahha i was wondering should i apply to the costume store? i was just hoping there would be closer accomodations
Hey i'll be going to lcf lime grove for international study of fashion and the halls are expensive and also some are too far and the one's near by are let down because of their area. Any suggestions for halls or safe area to live would be great.
Hey i’m going to stay in emily bowes court looks lively and a nice area easy access to everywhere.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey i'll be going to lcf lime grove for international study of fashion and the halls are expensive and also some are too far and the one's near by are let down because of their area. Any suggestions for halls or safe area to live would be great.
Original post by ilovehim
hii sry for intruding ahha i was wondering should i apply to the costume store? i was just hoping there would be closer accomodations

I will be staying at the costume store because it is the closest accomodation to the lime grove campus. Did you apply?
yay ya i applied there too :smile: if all goes well then can't wait to see u there!!
I will be staying at the costume store because it is the closest accomodation to the lime grove campus. Did you apply?
i got an offer from costume store but the reviews are so negative so now i'm wondering whether or not to accept the offer.
Can we apply for the halls again because i definitely don't want to be stuck in costume store after all the comments about it :frown:
Hey i’m going to stay in emily bowes court looks lively and a nice area easy access to everywhere.
Hey I think you might be able to, I went to visit the costume store and didn't like it but I am waiting to hear back from Emily Bowes Court because I loved it..
Original post by Anonymous
Can we apply for the halls again because i definitely don't want to be stuck in costume store after all the comments about it :frown:
Hi
Is everyone going via UAL accomodation office ? Looks like some of you are contacting the halls directly ?

Quick Reply

Latest