The Student Room Group

Worst decisions game makers have made

In any game
I will start with FIFA - having it take days to make a transfer on career mode so slow , it is great that it is now in one action you can make a transfer.

Scroll to see replies

Making Anthem full stop.
Micro-transactions
Paid DLC
Pay to win
Original post by MidgetFever
Making Anthem full stop.

You beat me to it :five:

I think second to Anthem is the Vice Pres of EA telling people not to buy BFV... great marketing strategy :facepalm2:
Original post by Jackaleksandr
Paid DLC

Paid DLC is far better than this new Live Service bull****.
Personally not being able to skip the skyrim loading screen lol.

Commercially the developers of pubg taking forever to port it to console springs to mind. Biggest game since minecraft and they couldn't pay someone to optimise and port it asap.
Original post by Decahedron
Paid DLC is far better than this new Live Service bull****.

I don't mind DLC if it adds to the game, but when it should be part of the game anyway, it's a joke.
- Microtransactions. Just why?!
- DLC you have to pay for. Just release it with the game for free ffs.
- Multiplayer trophies/achievements. Sucks when you're a completionist and you try to 100% a game only to find that there's no online player base for that game so you can't get 100%
- Greedy developers churning out the same game with a few minor changes here and there every year for moniez. I'm looking at you Assassin's Creed and Far Cry.
Original post by Decahedron
You beat me to it :five:

I think second to Anthem is the Vice Pres of EA telling people not to buy BFV... great marketing strategy :facepalm2:

That was hilarious :lol: I mean, people complaining about women in the game were overreacting a little too but that reaction was priceless.
Original post by MidgetFever
That was hilarious :lol: I mean, people complaining about women in the game were overreacting a little too but that reaction was priceless.

I took his advice and he lost his job.
The jump from Shogun 2 Total War to that abomination Total War Rome II.
No Man's Sky's faux advertising before launch

Runescape's wilderness removal in 2007 and the Evolution of Combat in 2012

Fallout 76... poorly executed idea
Microtransactions
Micro-transactions
Paid DLC
Pay to win

Couldn't agree more. An impertinent rip-off, as you pay for the game just to realize you need to pay the next sum of money to get the next features or another things to play on. :mad:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Kallisto
Couldn't agree more. An impertinent rip-off, as you pay for the game just to realize you need to pay the next some of money to get the next features or another things to play on. :mad:

I can't stand it. It's a big part of the reason I choose not to play online or purchase DLC 😂
GTA V (bit old now) - adding flying cars and broomsticks to online, it's GTA not Saint's Row.
Literally everything EA has ever done lol.

This company must die a painful death.
Original post by FemaleinDress
In any game
I will start with FIFA - having it take days to make a transfer on career mode so slow , it is great that it is now in one action you can make a transfer.

free to play csgo.
Original post by ChickenMadness
Literally everything EA has ever done lol.

This company must die a painful death.

They weren't always demons from the underworld. Before mtx they made great game like SSX. Then they realised they could monetise every part of the game and became a corporate monster
Micro-transactions
Paid DLC
Pay to win

You forgot gacha.

Quick Reply

Latest