The Student Room Group

AQA A Level History: Challenge and transformation: Britain, 7042/1G - 21 May 2019

Exam thread for breadth paper

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Thankyou for making these threads :smile:
Reply 2
Does anyone know where I can find the 2018 past paper?Or if anyone did the paper, could you please inform us what the questions were? Was the source question, a question on Ireland?
haven’t got paper but the 30 mark was on conservative dominance in the interwar years
Reply 4
Thank you for your answer! Do you remember what the 25 mark questions were?
Original post by almondmilk28
haven’t got paper but the 30 mark was on conservative dominance in the interwar years
Reply 5
Sorry I know this is short notice but the 25 mark questions were:

To what extent was Britain’s economic growth in the years 1851 to 1873 due to technological progress?
How effective were trade unions in promoting the interests of the working classes in the years 1888 to 1914?
‘In the years 1945 to 1964, the Conservatives had strong, effective leaders; whereas Labour’s leaders were weak and ineffective.’ Assess the validity of this view.

Do you think it's okay to skip the topics that came up last year? I literally feel like I know nothing for this exam :frown:
Original post by shreyhey
Thank you for your answer! Do you remember what the 25 mark questions were?
Reply 6
Original post by AAA_plz
Sorry I know this is short notice but the 25 mark questions were:

To what extent was Britain’s economic growth in the years 1851 to 1873 due to technological progress?
How effective were trade unions in promoting the interests of the working classes in the years 1888 to 1914?
‘In the years 1945 to 1964, the Conservatives had strong, effective leaders; whereas Labour’s leaders were weak and ineffective.’ Assess the validity of this view.

Do you think it's okay to skip the topics that came up last year? I literally feel like I know nothing for this exam :frown:

I think it would be logical to not focus as much on these topics... however, one can never be too sure. My predictions would be a question on post WW2 Ireland (or any Irish question - but probably A2) an economic question (either WW1,interwar years or WW2) and a social policy question - but, again no one can be too sure.

Does anyone else have any thoughts?
i think post 1914 ireland and social if judging on past papers, but it’s aqa so u never know what they’re going to throw at you
I agree with both of you, I have a strong feeling Ireland will come up, since the A Level content Ireland (post 1914) has never been asked. I also think maybe 1945 Labour landslide, and i’m hopeful for Gladstone v Disraeli but AQA probably won’t be that nice.
how do people feel in terms of preparation and knowledge?
so underprepared hbu :frown:
how do people feel in terms of preparation and knowledge?
what sort of questions could be asked on ireland 1914 onwards apart from was the irish question solved?
Does anyone know where i can find a series of AQA style questions to practice?

Original post by CoolCavy
Exam thread for breadth paper
They have questions in the textbook and past papers, they aren't anywhere else if I'm not mistaken
Original post by nelsonmorgan
Does anyone know where i can find a series of AQA style questions to practice?
In my textbook the question was 'The maim cause for friction between the north and south was the Partition of Ireland' Assess the validity of this view.
what sort of questions could be asked on ireland 1914 onwards apart from was the irish question solved?
Reply 15
What questions did everyone do for this paper and what were your points?
i got the shock of my life when free trade was on because it’s already come up many times and was on the AS so i thought for sure i could exclude that ughhh
Reply 17
Hi does anyone know what the AS exam question was for the 2019 paper and the a level exam questions.
Reply 18
Hey, Did you take the 2019 paper on Ireland? If so what were the topics of the questions? Just been looking back at past papers and can’t find anything for 2019 :smile: thanks!
Hey - I've got my mocks in a few weeks and my teachers are basing by entire A-Level grade off of my performance. I was wondering if anyone who did the 2019 or 2020 paper had any tips?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending