The Student Room Group

How to revise for German Speaking GCSE??

I find German the hardest, and I dislike it the most out of all subjects. I don't want to memorise German paragraphs as there's like over 50 of them to know, and it honestly feels like a waste of time as the speaking is only 1/4 of the whole German GCSE grade.

I feel I should practice doing German photocard and role plays as I did semi-decent in those in the mocks, and I want to push to a level 6.

Any tips on how to do well in the role plays and photocard? And how I should prepare for them?

Many thankksss :tongue:
I’ve got my speaking exam today, (GCSE German Edexcel) And yeah I know what you mean. I’ve prepared for the roleplay, picture-based task, and the presentation along with the follow-up questions, however with the last part I’m just winging it tbh. I’ve got loads of answers to memorise and I just couldn’t do it with such a short amount of time. As long as you do really well in the rest of the exam you should be fine
Reply 2
Mainly just be confident and clear when you speak. As long as it flows nice and fluently you’ll probably be more able to think of the answers you need, without sounding like you’re just saying something you memorised. If you can demonstrate that you’re able to speak in the language (as opposed to just memorise and regurgitate information) you can’t really go wrong.
Hope that helps

Good luck to both of you!
(edited 4 years ago)
Ahhh mine is next Thursday! I feel that if you know some bits you can really wing the general conversation. But yes, I would practise some photocards/roleplays definitely! I'm doing AQA so no presentation, what exam board do you do??! Try to be as confident as you can be :smile: good luck! x
Thanks for the advice, mine is tomorrow and I'm dreading it lol
How was your exam? Did it go as expected?
Original post by RedLamp444
I’ve got my speaking exam today, (GCSE German Edexcel) And yeah I know what you mean. I’ve prepared for the roleplay, picture-based task, and the presentation along with the follow-up questions, however with the last part I’m just winging it tbh. I’ve got loads of answers to memorise and I just couldn’t do it with such a short amount of time. As long as you do really well in the rest of the exam you should be fine
I'm doing Eduquas, not a really common one but it holds roughly the same stuff as the other exam boards. Thanks for the advice, I did a bunch of practice questions and just practised speaking past tense, future tense etc. Hope you also do well in your exam! Best of luck! :biggrin:
Original post by maisiex10x
Ahhh mine is next Thursday! I feel that if you know some bits you can really wing the general conversation. But yes, I would practise some photocards/roleplays definitely! I'm doing AQA so no presentation, what exam board do you do??! Try to be as confident as you can be :smile: good luck! x
I'll try my best... I'm not really a great german speaker and I think it's my weakest subject and sub-subject, but I'm also excited for it is the last time I will be speaking German! I've memoried a few answers and made a few back-up example sentences for those past tense/future tense questions. Thanks for the advice! :smile:
Original post by KVJ
Mainly just be confident and clear when you speak. As long as it flows nice and fluently you’ll probably be more able to think of the answers you need, without sounding like you’re just saying something you memorised. If you can demonstrate that you’re able to speak in the language (as opposed to just memorise and regurgitate information) you can’t really go wrong.
Hope that helps

Good luck to both of you!
Reply 7
Original post by Angusburgerman
I'll try my best... I'm not really a great german speaker and I think it's my weakest subject and sub-subject, but I'm also excited for it is the last time I will be speaking German! I've memoried a few answers and made a few back-up example sentences for those past tense/future tense questions. Thanks for the advice! :smile:

Kein Problem. Best of luck!!
Original post by maisiex10x

Hi, we're both doing AQA German and my speaking exam is also next Thursday. Are you nervous? I struggle with anxiety got any tips?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending