The Student Room Group

TFL Apprenticeship 2019 Discussion.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by searching123job
Technical interview?! I havent been told about this. All i was told is that it is competency based

If you are applying to General Management then they should have explained this. Didn't you get an email outlining the structure of the day etc/invitation to conference call (opportunity to ask the recruitment advisor any questions)?
Original post by kzo486
If you are applying to General Management then they should have explained this. Didn't you get an email outlining the structure of the day etc/invitation to conference call (opportunity to ask the recruitment advisor any questions)?

ohhhhhh

I see

Im doing something else, so looks like i wont be doing any of that. All i have to do is a competency interview and group work. Yeh, i got all the details. Wish me luck. I need this job so bad. I will beat them other candidates. May the best man win
Original post by searching123job
ohhhhhh

I see

Im doing something else, so looks like i wont be doing any of that. All i have to do is a competency interview and group work. Yeh, i got all the details. Wish me luck. I need this job so bad. I will beat them other candidates. May the best man win

Ah I see. Good luck with whatever it is you're doing then; Hopefully we'll see each other on the other side!
Hopefully someone who has already been to the assessment centre can help me with a few questions.

Say for example your assessment centre has 12 people, when it came to the group exercise did they split you up into groups of 6?
Earlier in the thread someone said the interview and group exercise is 40/45 minutes, if that's the case why does the whole day take 4 hours?
Is one of the interviewers a manager from your chosen apprenticeship?
Original post by Althusser
Hopefully someone who has already been to the assessment centre can help me with a few questions.

Say for example your assessment centre has 12 people, when it came to the group exercise did they split you up into groups of 6?
Earlier in the thread someone said the interview and group exercise is 40/45 minutes, if that's the case why does the whole day take 4 hours?
Is one of the interviewers a manager from your chosen apprenticeship?

I don't know about splitting into groups as I only had 6 people at my assessment centre. I believe they would split 12 though, due to the small space in the meeting room. The group exercise lasts 45 minutes, and both your interviews will be 45 as well. You also need around 30 minutes at the start to have a short tour/introduction and get all your documents together to do the admin stuff etc. The arrival time is when they expect you to arrive at the office, not the start time of the assessment day which was around 15-30 minutes after said time. The remainder of the day is spent in a room with the other candidates, waiting for interviewers to call you up. All in all, it is a long day but they need time to assess all candidates.
Sorry to hear that. How was the assessment day? What did you discuss as a group? What questions were asked in the interview? Was there a test involved?
Original post by Johhny_321
I applied for general management and didn't get through unfortunately. Did my assessment center yesterday and they emailed me today with the outcome.
On my conference call, the lady said there is only one interview, and I asked at the end when there was time for questions, she said it's one interview with 2 people assessing. Maybe she made a mistake idk, but we'll see
Original post by kzo486
I applied for the same apprenticeship how long did it take you for them to give you a date i’ve been waiting for ages to be invited to the AC
I applied for the same one how long did it take you for them to respond i’ve Been waiting ages but I passed the video interview.
Original post by alexharper
Anyone going to finance assessment centre on may 13th???
Took like 3 weeks to find out that I passed my video interview, but that was over a month ago now
Original post by TNBIZAYI
I applied for the same one how long did it take you for them to respond i’ve Been waiting ages but I passed the video interview.
I am also going to the finance one but I haven't been confirmed yet. Has any of you been confirmed the place for the 13th?
Original post by alexharper
Took like 3 weeks to find out that I passed my video interview, but that was over a month ago now
yeah i’ll be there on the 13th!
Original post by laura-ga
I am also going to the finance one but I haven't been confirmed yet. Has any of you been confirmed the place for the 13th?
Original post by TNBIZAYI
I applied for the same apprenticeship how long did it take you for them to give you a date i’ve been waiting for ages to be invited to the AC

Took about 3 weeks to hear back from them after Vid interview and they gave me 2 provisional dates with no confirmation i’d be invited to the assessment centre but they generally let you know of the A/C a week or so before the date
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 53
Yeah i've been confirmed for the 13th :smile:

Original post by laura-ga
Received an offer today for the commercial property apprenticeship! 😭
Has anyone else heard back yet?
Original post by Opti3000
Received an offer today for the commercial property apprenticeship! 😭
Has anyone else heard back yet?

Congrats, nope had my gen management assessment on 29th haven’t heard back! But well done!
(edited 4 years ago)
I haven't been confirmed yet so I guess I haven't been invited to the assessment centre

Original post by alina28
See you there!
Original post by alina28
Reply 58
Did you book the morning or afternoon slot?
Original post by harpyalex
See you there!
Thank you! Hopefully you’ll hear back soon! I reckon they’re taking a bit longer because the general management scheme is a lot bigger and had 2 ACs
Original post by gelle
Congrats, nope had my gen management assessment on 29th haven’t heard back! But well done!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending