The Student Room Group

Complete University Guide rankings revealed May 1 - predictions?

The Complete University Guide are revealing their league table for UK universities on May 1.

Who do you think is in first place? Top 10 predictions?

What do you think of university league tables?

Scroll to see replies

personally, they (league tables) are great, thanks for linking to them!
they remain about half as useful as The Student Room forums of knowledge, and
they are a great starting point, BUT, they miss out that "order by value for money" column.

I don't worry about who is going to be in the top three, as I consider only two of the top 3 candidates as really VFM.

I'd also like to see benchmarking against Swedish Universities, Dutch, Irish even USA - for VFM, there would be some surprises
I'd like to see Sussex move up in the league tables.

League tables generally encourage snobbery about unis, but they are useful and generally are accurate.
So ****ing PUMPED.
Cambridge in first place. I always find them interesting but I look at the league table factor by factor rather than at the overall picture. Come on Swansea and York! 🐣
Reply 5
Whoever pumps out the most research and is relatively old gets to be near the top.

Actual teaching quality not so much :rolleyes: unless you look at What Uni or The Guardian
warwick should go down because the teaching quality is so bad even though i go there and should probably like it more lmao

what is st andrews doing there? is it lost? should we give it directions/
(edited 4 years ago)
They'll do something stupid again like put Nottingham Trent above Nottingham or UEA above most RG universities which will prove they don't have a clue.
Original post by Notoriety
So ****ing PUMPED.

the table is already up and i've got stains on my trousers that won't come out for a decade

https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?o=Entry+Standards
The reward goes to Harper Adams!
Original post by DarthRoar
They'll do something stupid again like put Nottingham Trent above Nottingham or UEA above most RG universities which will prove they don't have a clue.
Reply 10
The one thing I'm curious about is Imperial's student satisfaction rate for physics. There have been strides in recent years but there have also been protest votes.
Original post by A Rolling Stone
the table is already up and i've got stains on my trousers that won't come out for a decade

https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?o=Entry+Standards

I was being sarcastic.
oh i wasn't. i am a sad case but a happy case
Original post by Notoriety
I was being sarcastic.
I'm very salty because of the factors which pulled my uni's ranking down... like facilities spend.
oh i wasn't. i am a sad case but a happy case
Original post by Themysticalegg
I'm very salty because of the factors which pulled my uni's ranking down... like facilities spend.

Université du Bradford?
My old uni has been absolutely slaughtered yet its only vastly improved it's facilities since I started there??? Really doesn't make any sense or deserve that.

My current university has risen but it was top 15 anyway. Can confirm no difference in teaching quality between the two universities despite one being super high on the list and one super low :confused:
Reply 16
CUG is a JOKE smh. Over my dead body St andrews is better than LSE just because they aced student satisfaction this year ( yes im LSE). Also how tf is loughborough still top ten? would of liked to of seen Bristol,Warwick and Edinburgh up there but i guess CUG isn't the most accurate ranking system there is...

:congrats:STUDENT:congrats:SATISFACTION:congrats:SHOULD:congrats:NOT:congrats:MATTER:congrats:
Université du Bradford?

Nah, York. Swansea went up so I'm happy about that I guess but it went up on the basis of facilities spend whilst York seemed to go down on the basis of facilities spend. I'm going to compare last year to this year to see what changed to cause this.

On closer inspection academic services spending also dropped, entry standards and research quality dipped slightly causing a 9 spot drop.
(edited 4 years ago)
The University of East Winbinkinshingham will be first, followed by the Arts, Music and biscuit making University of South South West Darlington with the Nigel Lawson Uni of Climate Change Denial in Cornwall 3rd.
The entry standards for Physics at the University of Exeter (my course) is 192 which I find hard to believe since the subject was only ranked 16th in the UK.

Quick Reply