The Student Room Group

National 5 Modern Studies 2018-2019

Scroll to see replies

What type of questions can be asked about committees?! We have never done it in class!
Maybe what they do??? Im not completely aure myself
Original post by Ellie121103Glen
What type of questions can be asked about committees?! We have never done it in class!
My teacher said it would probably just be ‘describe the role of committees’, or ‘explain why committees are important’.
The roles of committees such as scrutinising bills, proposing bills and questioning the executive!
Reply 64
ive been looking for a thread like this for so long! does anyone have notes on democracy in Scotland, crime and the law and USA that i could have? also does anyone have anything on committees and minorities specifically?
I have detailed notes about: democracy in Scotland, crime and the law, and the migration crisis if anyone is in need!
Reply 66
Me please?
Original post by Button222
I have detailed notes about: democracy in Scotland, crime and the law, and the migration crisis if anyone is in need!
Sorry for all the questions lol but I’m no nervous for tomorrow, is Democracy in Scotland/the UK always where they put the 8 mark KU question?
Original post by petsfurrypaws
Sorry for all the questions lol but I’m no nervous for tomorrow, is Democracy in Scotland/the UK always where they put the 8 mark KU question?

nah not always! there was an 8 marker in the crime and the law section one time. I’m nervous too :/
Ahh ok, do you know what year that was in?
nah not always! there was an 8 marker in the crime and the law section one time. I’m nervous too :/
Original post by petsfurrypaws
Ahh ok, do you know what year that was in?

2015, so unsure if the exam has changed since then - no 8 markers have came up in other sections otherwise
(edited 4 years ago)
Does anyone know how to do options choice/support and oppose questions? Are we meant to link between sources in the questions or can we just do “this shows that...”?
Thanks so much
2015, so unsure if the exam has changed since then - no 8 markers have came up in other sections otherwise
Reply 73
15566609205746343519948480619152.jpg hope this helps
Original post by eudialmermaid
Does anyone know how to do options choice/support and oppose questions? Are we meant to link between sources in the questions or can we just do “this shows that...”?
Reply 74
See for Scottish democracy, someone said something about the importance of committees what points would you make there
Maybe say what they do but change the words a bit so that it’s they’re important because they di this. Idk I’m not sure
Original post by Egl173
See for Scottish democracy, someone said something about the importance of committees what points would you make there
Does anyone know what may come up about world issues
Original post by Egl173

they: propose new bills, scrutinise existing bills and they consider petitions. I’d just revolve those key points around the question.
Original post by Qwert007
Does anyone know what may come up about world issues

wondering the same; never been asked about military responses so maybe that? probably one of the causes questions also as it usually comes up.
too long to put in a reply box but type into youtube “support/oppose questions modern studies mr marr” he helps
Original post by eudialmermaid

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending