The Student Room Group

The Generic Gaming Thread

Hey everyone, this thread is (as the title suggests) a generic gaming thread, where you can talk about games in general, post gaming news / talk about upcoming games and share your own experiences with games.

As usual on my threads, here are the ground rules:

1)No discriminating against others, although you can badmouth gaming characters
2) No swearing

So everyone, feel free to join in!

Scroll to see replies

My experience of games consists of me watching my housemate play his Star Wars game on PS4 while I'm having my lunch and would rather be watching telly. :colondollar:

He plays it so much I have now memorised the full layout of Tatooine. :redface:
My current gaming obsession is watching the dumpster fire that is Anthem rage out of control, I have never seen a subreddit quite so unhappy.

It is a real shame because the core gameplay is fun but there is so much wrong that Bioware will likely fail before they finish fixing it.
I just want Shenmue 3 already
Original post by Decahedron
My current gaming obsession is watching the dumpster fire that is Anthem rage out of control, I have never seen a subreddit quite so unhappy.

It is a real shame because the core gameplay is fun but there is so much wrong that Bioware will likely fail before they finish fixing it.

I remember seeing the E3 trailers and was impressed but am so glad I didnt get it :lol: (feel bad for those who have been suffering).
Original post by JoshDarnIt
I just want Shenmue 3 already

My best mates in highschool used to keep going on and on about Shenmue. Im surprised 3 isnt out yet tbh (then again, there was an 8 year wait between Persona 4 and 5, and even longer for Duke Nukem (shudders at DN)
Original post by quasa
My best mates in highschool used to keep going on and on about Shenmue. Im surprised 3 isnt out yet tbh.

I need it to come out ASAP cos like, what if I die before it's released? I won't be able to continue the story of my boi Ryo and see him get his revenge.
Two new Persona 5 games were officially confirmed last week: Persona 5 Scramble (P5S) and Persona 5: The Royal (P5R).

P5S is an action RPG (think dynasty warriors) game on PS4 and Switch.

P5R looks far more interesting and is a re-imagining of Persona 5 (think of it like an expanded retcon of the game), with added gameplay elements, puzzles, locations, new characters, new specials and is coming out (in Japan at least) on Halloween/Brexit! If ever we needed real life Phantom Thieves, now is the time to steal the hearts of politicians :biggrin:. P5R is a PS4 exclusive.and is out in the UK in 2020.

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
I hear that there will be a unusual feature in f1 2019 on Vettel's AI. Turns out it won't spin every 25 seconds.
A videogame film which no-one wanted (or needed) has been unveiled: the new sonic film :|. Also most random use fo Gangster's paradise ever

Original post by Andrew97
I hear that there will be a unusual feature in f1 2019 on Vettel's AI. Turns out it won't spin every 25 seconds.

harsh :lol:

although whilst on the topic of F12019, it seems we will be getting F2 cars, the 1990 & 2010 Ferrari & McLarens. As an added bonus, we get to create our own teams / cars online (no idea about career mode).
Original post by quasa
I remember seeing the E3 trailers and was impressed but am so glad I didnt get it :lol: (feel bad for those who have been suffering).

I played the demo and it was fun but repetitive, the only reason I didn't get it was because I kept getting connection issues. Seems the game wasn't any better on release.
Reply 12
I almost exclusively play WoW and have on and off since 2004, I really struggle to get the same sense of achievement in anything else.
Have around 1000hours on PUBG and maybe double that when I climbed to GM in HotS. Other than that I have started and not finished loads of games.

The only game release I am currently hyped for is Cyberpunk, but even then I never finished Witcher 3 so not convinced this will be different.
Original post by Molseh
I almost exclusively play WoW and have on and off since 2004, I really struggle to get the same sense of achievement in anything else.
Have around 1000hours on PUBG and maybe double that when I climbed to GM in HotS. Other than that I have started and not finished loads of games.

The only game release I am currently hyped for is Cyberpunk, but even then I never finished Witcher 3 so not convinced this will be different.

whilst I still havent played Wow / Dota (refuse to pay for games which require monthly subscriptions / which rely solely on microtransactions), 1 of my favourite episodes of South Park is based on WoW.

Out of curiosity, if I said live to win, what yould your reaction be?
I am all aboard the Borderlands 3 hype train.

I am all aboard the Borderlands 3 hype train.

boderlands seems fun (for some reason I never got into it but I do have some copies)
suprrised nobody on TSR is horrified by the sonic film trailer
Original post by quasa
boderlands seems fun (for some reason I never got into it but I do have some copies)

Borderlands 2 is an amazing game, I highly recommend it if you have a spare weekend.
Borderlands 2 is an amazing game, I highly recommend it if you have a spare weekend.

im pretty sure thats the one I have (was a free download on PSN a while back).
I'm addicted to playing Stardew Valley. There's just something therapeutic about farming and getting to own as many Goats as I want and giving them all human names.

Quick Reply

Latest