The Student Room Group

Which is the biggest shock of the Champions League?

Poll

Which is the biggest shock of the Champions League?

There are a lot of shocks in the 2018-19 Champions League, which is the biggest of them?

Scroll to see replies

This is a serious Question?

AJAX
Reply 2
Original post by Zürich
This is a serious Question?

AJAX

You mean Real 1-4 Ajax or Juve 1-2 Ajax?
Original post by 8013

Juve
I voted for PSG-Utd 1-3, but Ajax beating Real 4-1 was a close second.
Ajax. They've been exceptional and I really hope they beat Spurs.
Ajax beating Juventus became more believable after you saw that they had already knocked out Real Madrid so I picked that one.
I mean Real Madrid are a finished team and they have had a shocking season all around. Juve were tipped by many to win the CL and had that Ronaldo aura about them as you say, after Real the secret was out and Juve knew what to expect.

PSG/Utd was drama but not really a shock given their record....
Original post by Zerforax
Ajax beating Juventus became more believable after you saw that they had already knocked out Real Madrid so I picked that one.
Reply 8
Original post by 8013

All respect goes to Ajax and the manager for what he has done for the club, i voted the Juve v Ajax (1-2) because I was expecting Juve to perhaps dominate in all areas of the pitch and score bags of goals with Ronaldo upfront (You know with his great scoring record in the champions league) but i didn't expect this score! the previous tie agaisnt Real Madrid was shocking, Madrid this season have been dismal, boring and the standard of football we are use t seeing has dropped immensely. Ajax deserved every result they have got in this champions league, it would be a shame to see them lose against Spurs but they have a really good chance of winning the champions league overall, However i do feel Barcelona will beat Liverpool and beat Ajax in the final. The Juve team on paper looks solid but on the pitch their is lack of chemistry between players, i do feel that since Ronaldo has come in, everybody is looking at him to score and save them but with Ronaldo he comes to Italy and snatches the spotlight off of Dybala and mandzukic and Matuidi. I dont ffel that this season Ronald has made Juve any better off than they were before he came in.
Reply 9
That Spurs got to the Semi Final to be honest.
Original post by Zürich
I mean Real Madrid are a finished team and they have had a shocking season all around. Juve were tipped by many to win the CL and had that Ronaldo aura about them as you say, after Real the secret was out and Juve knew what to expect.

PSG/Utd was drama but not really a shock given their record....

Their CL record in recent years has papered over a lot of cracks (would've again if they had reached SF/Final) so I think the Ajax result is the straw which broke the camels back.
Reply 11
Original post by Molseh
That Spurs got to the Semi Final to be honest.

So you should vote for Spurs vs Man City or Spurs vs Barca?
Reply 12
I voted for Ajax - Madrid. As a single game that was the biggest shock for me.

As an accumulation, Spurs getting all the way to semi's was my point. :smile:
Original post by 8013
So you should vote for Spurs vs Man City or Spurs vs Barca?
it is shocking that there are no women ? this is 2019 dude, not 1819.

#endsossigefestsoccernow
Original post by Molseh
That Spurs got to the Semi Final

Well that City vs Spurs was just a controversial debate that probably will never be resolved. Handball or not, Spurs still went through to the semi finals.
Reply 15
Final:
Ajax 2-2 Barcelona (4-3 pens)
Ajax will become Leicester City 2.0 and win the Champions League!
Original post by 8013
There are a lot of shocks in the 2018-19 Champions League, which is the biggest of them?

Tottenham eliminated Manchester City in a tremendous return leg and moved into semi-final. An as big as surprise AJAX is in this season.
That UEFA did not manage to fiddle the draw or choice of referees to keep Juventus or Real Madrid in the competition.
Original post by the bear
it is shocking that there are no women ? this is 2019 dude, not 1819.

#endsossigefestsoccernow

Pipe down
Reply 19
For me it’s no contest .
PSG 1 Utd 3
I was truly shocked even though I seem to be more aware than most that a significant amount of what happens in games is pure chance.
None of the others shocked me .

Quick Reply

Latest