The Student Room Group

PwC Graduate Management Consulting 2019/20

Hey,

I completed my career conversation last week. I´ve applied for the graduate management consulting for spring 2020. Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back and the probability of passing the assessment day (and any recommendations for it?)

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

The deadline for hearing the outcome was on the website, 25th April
Reply 2
On mine it said 1st of April but I did my Career Conversation on the 10th...
And the next thing it says is Assessment day 20-24 of May, so idk
Have you applied to the same?
Original post by lborostudent3
The deadline for hearing the outcome was on the website, 25th April
Yeah on the website it says:
Graduate Management Consulting starting Spring 2020
Closing date for applications: 15 March 2019
Deadline for online assessments: 22 March 2019
We’ll let you know the outcome of your application on 1 April 2019
Assessment centres will take place between 20-23 May 2019

I guess the 1st April deadline was referring to the online tests? Got an email saying my video interview needed to be done by 11th April so hopefully we'll get the outcome on the 25th
Reply 4
Oh ok, yeah same, fair enough then
Just wait and see, fingers crossed haha
Original post by lborostudent3
Yeah on the website it says:
Graduate Management Consulting starting Spring 2020
Closing date for applications: 15 March 2019
Deadline for online assessments: 22 March 2019
We’ll let you know the outcome of your application on 1 April 2019
Assessment centres will take place between 20-23 May 2019

I guess the 1st April deadline was referring to the online tests? Got an email saying my video interview needed to be done by 11th April so hopefully we'll get the outcome on the 25th
Reply 5
I received an update last week that it was now under review, hope they get back soon.
By the way, I also noticed that I haven´t attached any additional files, like; CV, Cover Letter or Academic Transcript.

Has anyone else not added any files and if not, is it a good idea to do so now, or would they base their decision on the info from the whole selection process?
Reply 6
Original post by simzzbb
I received an update last week that it was now under review, hope they get back soon.
By the way, I also noticed that I haven´t attached any additional files, like; CV, Cover Letter or Academic Transcript.

Has anyone else not added any files and if not, is it a good idea to do so now, or would they base their decision on the info from the whole selection process?

Hey, I did my video interview a few weeks back and got an email last Thursday saying that I had met the video interview benchmark and was now under review. I have uploaded any of these things either, I don’t remember there being an opportunity to do this?
Reply 7
Hey, yeah same as me then!
No worries haha I read that for this position they do not require any additional documents (such as; CV or Motivation Letter), so they will base their decisions on the assessment outcomes.

Btw, I was thinking, regarding the checks, screening and other similar requirements, do they base their "checking process" on the applications we have submitted already or would they give us a chance to state other info later on.
Like if they will focus to make sure all A-Levels grades are correct and so on, or not too that extent?
Reply 8
Original post by simzzbb
Hey, yeah same as me then!
No worries haha I read that for this position they do not require any additional documents (such as; CV or Motivation Letter), so they will base their decisions on the assessment outcomes.

Btw, I was thinking, regarding the checks, screening and other similar requirements, do they base their "checking process" on the applications we have submitted already or would they give us a chance to state other info later on.
Like if they will focus to make sure all A-Levels grades are correct and so on, or not too that extent?

Hopefully we’ll get an outcome soon, doesn’t the website say 20th-23rd May for assessment centre?

I’m not too sure how they’ll review it, sorry!
Reply 9
Anyone at the Assessment Centre on 20th May afternoon in London?
Reply 10
Got one for the Monday or Tuesday but not picked yet! Once you accept, have they given you more info on what the day will consist of? The initial email doesn’t say anything.
Reply 11
They send you a confirmation e-mail with a little more info (very generic) but nothing specific
Reply 12
Original post by simzzbb
They send you a confirmation e-mail with a little more info (very generic) but nothing specific

Hey, any chance you could send me a message with what they said on the follow up email? I just went to book onto mine but now it says ‘There are no time slots available for this event. please contact us so that we can consider alternative options’. I’ll have to ring up next week but was hoping to do some prep this weekend! Thanks, appreciate any help :smile:
Reply 13
Same to me
Hey!
Does any have any preparation material or tips for the career focus day for graduate mgmt consulting? I have 7 exams back to back and then the AC in between.. im really freaking out. i would be really grateful if someone could help me out
Reply 15
I am in the exact same situation. This is what I will do: just read PWC' s reports, tips, keep yourself informed about the situation of the market. Be yourself, do not panic and be calm. I think they evaluate more about how we act under pressure and how we teamwork rather than our quantitative skills. Even if this goes badly, I am happy that I got this offer and it will be a good experience.
Original post by Aleena33
Hey!
Does any have any preparation material or tips for the career focus day for graduate mgmt consulting? I have 7 exams back to back and then the AC in between.. im really freaking out. i would be really grateful if someone could help me out
thats really great advice! thanks naruet!

Original post by Naruet
I am in the exact same situation. This is what I will do: just read PWC' s reports, tips, keep yourself informed about the situation of the market. Be yourself, do not panic and be calm. I think they evaluate more about how we act under pressure and how we teamwork rather than our quantitative skills. Even if this goes badly, I am happy that I got this offer and it will be a good experience.
Does anyone know the starting salary for Graduate Management Consultant in London? I checked Glassdoor but the data were varied and were from three years ago. Thanks.
Reply 18
Has anyone had the ‘candidate connect’ call yet?
Reply 19
no but I received a email invitation to the Webex for hints and tips.
Original post by Alf13
Has anyone had the ‘candidate connect’ call yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending