The Student Room Group

Ccea as level exams 2019

Any predictions for chem practical or english lit streetcar and heaney and Frost?

Scroll to see replies

My predictions for english Literature are the same every single year - that if you do the work, learn your texts, learn your quotes, and do practice past papers then you will ace the exam. If you spend your time speculating on what might come up, you are wasting it.
Reply 2
I understand that and I genuinely do work very hard as I usually am prepared for anything when it comes to mocks but for poetry you cannot revise each poem individually in both my, my peers and teachers opinion; you need to be able to come up with pairings and do essay plans for them, even to practice your comparing and contrasting/ essay writing skills. So if anybody has any suggestions for links for Heaney and Frost it would be really helpful 😀
Original post by LiyoS
My predictions for english Literature are the same every single year - that if you do the work, learn your texts, learn your quotes, and do practice past papers then you will ace the exam. If you spend your time speculating on what might come up, you are wasting it.
Reply 3
Hey I’ve found the thread
Reply 4
Predictions for CCEA AS geography? AS politics? AS religion - ethics?
Reply 5
Hi how are people feeling about AS Chem practical tomorrow?
Reply 6
Nervous enough but I feel like it is one of those things which you can’t really prepare for

Original post by Vet Student 2020
Hi how are people feeling about AS Chem practical tomorrow?
Any predictions for chem practical or english lit streetcar and heaney and Frost?

Streetcar as in a streetcar named desire by Tennessee Williams ???
Reply 8
How did everyone find Chem practical. I found it incredibly weird and was kinda unsure of some observations but onwards and upwards!!!
Reply 9
Original post by shailivr
Streetcar as in a streetcar named desire by Tennessee Williams ???

Yeah sorry for not making it clear 😊
Reply 10
I found it ok for time but yeah some observations were a bit unpredictable and I was unsure about exact colour changes (you know with hyphens and stuff) but at least it is 1 done! Are you doing bio tomorrow? I am (P.S I was ccea gcse 2018 last year we talked on here quite a lot but I changed my name on student room because Im not doing gcses anymore and I decided I want to be a vet)
Original post by CoolR
How did everyone find Chem practical. I found it incredibly weird and was kinda unsure of some observations but onwards and upwards!!!
our English teacher Mrs Omaileey is obsessed with streetcar. We're writing about if for our Higher English exam next week we've watched 2 movies on it too. Most of our year was reading it. I honestly don't like it.
Yeah sorry for not making it clear 😊
Reply 12
We are doing it for AS english lit and our teacher and most of our class like it. I dont love it because I dont like or feel like I cant relate to any of the characters but I can appreciate all the methods, motifs and symbolism in it; it definitely is cleverly written but I just dont really like the story
Original post by shailivr
our English teacher Mrs Omaileey is obsessed with streetcar. We're writing about if for our Higher English exam next week we've watched 2 movies on it too. Most of our year was reading it. I honestly don't like it.
I found it ok for time but yeah some observations were a bit unpredictable and I was unsure about exact colour changes (you know with hyphens and stuff) but at least it is 1 done! Are you doing bio tomorrow? I am (P.S I was ccea gcse 2018 last year we talked on here quite a lot but I changed my name on student room because Im not doing gcses anymore and I decided I want to be a vet)

I remember you from last year's GCSE thread!
Original post by CoolR

I said effervescense for a lot of my observations. Also the only kind of precipitate that came up was white I believe. But overall it wasn't too bad.
Reply 15
Original post by allenpc
I said effervescense for a lot of my observations. Also the only kind of precipitate that came up was white I believe. But overall it wasn't too bad.

That was exactly the same as me haha!! Did your splint go out - everyone else’s seemed to but mine didnt😒
Reply 16

Yes bio tomorrow - any predictions!!
Original post by CoolR
That was exactly the same as me haha!! Did your splint go out - everyone else’s seemed to but mine didnt😒

Yeah, mine did. My filtration took a while so as more filtrate was being produced I just took some of the residue anyway even though the filtrate wasn't completely through and everything after seemed to work fine.

I thought I was doing something wrong when you had to use warm water and stirring to make a solution of W if I remember correctly. I'm not sure if it was meant to become colourless at some point or stay white-ish.

What did you write as your observation then for the splint? Just nothing happened? Also you doing Physics this Friday?
I didn’t say effervescence at all in my paper and instead said fizzing? Would I still get the mark or are they different?
Original post by allenpc
Yeah, mine did. My filtration took a while so as more filtrate was being produced I just took some of the residue anyway even though the filtrate wasn't completely through and everything after seemed to work fine.

I thought I was doing something wrong when you had to use warm water and stirring to make a solution of W if I remember correctly. I'm not sure if it was meant to become colourless at some point or stay white-ish.

What did you write as your observation then for the splint? Just nothing happened? Also you doing Physics this Friday?

I just said that the lit splint was extinguished. I feel like half the paper tbh was just writing down effervescence/bubbles/fizzing lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending