The Student Room Group

Met Police PC Day 1 -- DIFFERENT??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
At the start of the day you sign a document agreeing not to discuss the contents of the assessment day. Although I can say that the VR actually relaxed me, and I think the most important parts are the role plays, but I don't know for sure. The fitness test is on Day 2, after you pass Day 1.
Reply 41
Hi, VR is very interesting to do as you will work with your partner and it’s really easy one. There is no fitness in day 1. Just manage your time well because time runs so fast. There is no numerical test as well in new day 1. I cannot detail it be be fair for the system but study your package and you should do fine. Just be yourself, it’s fun to be with all aspirants.
Hi all. How long did it take you guys to find out your results from PC Day One?
Reply 43
Original post by Buckbeak99
Hi all. How long did it take you guys to find out your results from PC Day One?

It took me 3 weeks to get mine. If you have been waiting any longer then 2 weeks, phone up and ask. I phoned after 3 weeks and got my results the next day. This makes me think they got stuck or were not sent ect.
Thanks! It's been just 2 weeks, but because of the bank holidays I'll wait until the end of week 3 if I'm still waiting and then give them a call.
Original post by MaxKYS
It took me 3 weeks to get mine. If you have been waiting any longer then 2 weeks, phone up and ask. I phoned after 3 weeks and got my results the next day. This makes me think they got stuck or were not sent ect.
Thanks! It's been just 2 weeks, but because of the bank holidays I'll wait until the end of week 3 if I'm still waiting and then give them a call.

Could you let me know when you hear back?
Yeah sure
Original post by allywright1304
Reply 47
Hy all. I just applied to become a police officer and my day one is in August i want to know how hard is the assessment and what i cand do yo prepare myself for the test. Thanks..
Reply 48
Original post by Nikitos
Hy all. I just applied to become a police officer and my day one is in August i want to know how hard is the assessment and what i cand do yo prepare myself for the test. Thanks..

For my preparation, I made sure that I had some general examples in my head for the interview, and spend some time watching videos about the roles plays. It is also quite useful to read over the document you are sent, make sure you understand the core values and competencies.
Reply 49
Original post by MaxKYS
For my preparation, I made sure that I had some general examples in my head for the interview, and spend some time watching videos about the roles plays. It is also quite useful to read over the document you are sent, make sure you understand the core values and competencies.

OK then i have to watch the play role videos... But the written exercise what type of exercise is this?
Reply 50
Hey guys,

Sat my AC on the 18th March, received an email on 9th Apr saying there had been a slight delay in processing results. Two other candidates I'm in contact with had the same email. However, after calling and emailing the recruitment team for updates, the say we will have them ASAP. Was just wondering if anyone on here has sat the AC post the 18th March and received their results. Or if there are others from that same day still waiting like myself. Would be grateful for any info you can provide.
Reply 51
Hi done my assessment day 1 and i got email saying that i have failed with no explanation as to were i have failed they also give me an appeal option has anyone got an advice as I thought i have done pretty good
Reply 52
Original post by P_407
Hi done my assessment day 1 and i got email saying that i have failed with no explanation as to were i have failed they also give me an appeal option has anyone got an advice as I thought i have done pretty good

Sorry to hear. Luckily you will be able to try again in 6 months. From what I know, appeals only tend to work for specific reasons, such as illness. Best bet is just to wait and try again in a few months I would say.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 53
I got my results after 6 weeks
Original post by D3rek
Hey guys,

Sat my AC on the 18th March, received an email on 9th Apr saying there had been a slight delay in processing results. Two other candidates I'm in contact with had the same email. However, after calling and emailing the recruitment team for updates, the say we will have them ASAP. Was just wondering if anyone on here has sat the AC post the 18th March and received their results. Or if there are others from that same day still waiting like myself. Would be grateful for any info you can provide.
I believe that currently, in the Met, that it's only a 3 month wait before you can apply again
Original post by MaxKYS
Sorry to hear. Luckily you will be able to try again in 6 months. From what I know, appeals only tend to work for specific reasons, such as illness. Best bet is just to wait and try again in a few months I would say.

Edit: PM me if you would like to ask anything!
You should be able to ask for feedback to what you didn't score well on? Maybe give them a call?
Original post by P_407
Reply 56
I believe that currently, in the Met, that it's only a 3 month wait before you can apply again

Oh, I didn't know that. When I attended my day one they asked if anyone had completed the assessment in the past 6 months, although it may have changed now.
Yeah I think its relatively new. Someone on my Day One asked and they said it's currently 3 months. Have you had your day 2 yet?

It's been 3 weeks since my day one and haven't heard back yet, but judging from others on here it looks like it's been delayed to around 6 weeks, which is very annoying.
Original post by MaxKYS
Oh, I didn't know that. When I attended my day one they asked if anyone had completed the assessment in the past 6 months, although it may have changed now.
Reply 58
Yeah I think its relatively new. Someone on my Day One asked and they said it's currently 3 months. Have you had your day 2 yet?

It's been 3 weeks since my day one and haven't heard back yet, but judging from others on here it looks like it's been delayed to around 6 weeks, which is very annoying.

Give them a call and ask.
I called them. They told me there has been a delay. Judging by other people on here, I'm assuming the current wait is around 6 weeks!
Original post by allywright1304

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending