The Student Room Group

What do you think of my Ex?

I last saw my ex boyfriend when we left High school in 2011, 5 years later with no contact, shows up at my house. I wondered why he still held on to my address so i asked, he said he found it after a clean out, so i left it at that. He reveals that his 2nd ex broke up with him (they were together for 6 months) but didn’t mention when exactly, so i assumed it was the year prior.

we meet up in town, he was really down and quiet. he said he missed his ex, it was sad to see him like that.

Also his best friend supposedly stopped talking to him for no reason aswell, which was odd. He seemed really sad about it so i offered to help him. Now, the sketchy part..every time i mention about his bf, it's like he makes excuses not to talk to him, he claims he doesn’t know where he lives, his number, nothing..(they been best friends since 4 years old btw) .

As the months went by, i started to doubt his honesty. my friend found his bfs number on her old phone so i gave it to him, i gave it two weeks and i asked him if he spoke to him, nope - he claims i never gave him the number, so i sent it again. he holds it off for another week for his vacation. He never rang him to this day.

Later in the year, i decided to cut contact form him. now every time i email him, he takes a week or 2 to reply, when i wrote this email, he replied instantly, which was unusual. He claimed he has NO friends at all (he does from school), the ex stopped talking to him too, and still hasnt bothered with his now former best friend and says he is lonely. I'm at the point now where i think he's just using me. so i blocked him and ended contact.

a year passed, i saw him in the town, he gave me the most disgusting dirty look ever, so my gut was right about him i think.

what do you guys think? was i right to cut contact.?
He doesn't sound like a bad person, if that's what you're asking. Just a guy reaching out to someone and hoping for a bit of sympathy. I don't know why you think he was "using" you - nothing in your post implies that.
Reply 2
Original post by sinfonietta
He doesn't sound like a bad person, if that's what you're asking. Just a guy reaching out to someone and hoping for a bit of sympathy. I don't know why you think he was "using" you - nothing in your post implies that.

He's not a bad person at all, but why would he stall in contacting his friend if he misses him so much? that's my question. why reach out now, when he never did the 4 years prior?
Original post by Anonymous
He's not a bad person at all, but why would he stall in contacting his friend if he misses him so much? that's my question. why reach out now, when he never did the 4 years prior?

He was probably too nervous or scared to. Making contact when you don't know how the other person will react can be nerve-wracking. He surely would have had a reason, even if he wasn't comfortable telling you what that reason was.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Cutting contact by blocking someone, with no particular reason, is a cowardly, selfish thing to do.

You deserved the dirty look.

I notice you around a lot in the comments being quite negative. So please, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say nothing at all and leave. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending