The Student Room Group

Gavin Williamson sacked

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doones
It will be very interesting to see if a police investigation happens.

I would hope so but under May I highly doubt there will be any real repercussions.

MPs are free to do what ever they like without fear of prosecution, just look at Grayling.
Original post by Decahedron
I would hope so but under May I highly doubt there will be any real repercussions.

MPs are free to do what ever they like without fear of prosecution, just look at Grayling.

Has Grayling actually broken any laws?
Original post by Doones

I think if the evidence is as strong as May's letter suggests he will be facing criminal charges, pour encourager les autres.
Reply 23
Original post by Reality Check
I think if the evidence is as strong as May's letter suggests he will be facing criminal charges, pour encourager les autres.

My betting is it was someone in his team. Probably his SpAd.
Original post by Andrew97
Penny Morduant will replace Williamson

Awesome, minister for 'Women, Equality and most of the things we do fk them up' :rolleyes:

Original post by Tempest II
While I don't necessarily think it's mandatory that a Secretary of State for Defence should have served in the UK armed forces, I certainly think it's highly desirable. Only time will tell if she's up to the job.

It seems a bit of an obvious CV to have, but politically people are a bit funny about it, they'd prefer the role was as civilian as possible.
Original post by Doones

Let's not hold our breaths too much. :rolleyes:

I've decided after reading a few news sites and some blogs and tweets that the whole thing is hogwash, she was just embarrassed by the Huawei story (she ignored and overruled the advice of the security services) and is now lashing out. Basically it's easier to believe she's a creep than that he's a crook.

Small piglets do sometimes loft themselves skywards, but it is extremely rare.
Personally I’d have preferred she got Fallon back, but let’s see how Mordaunt does.
Original post by Doones
My betting is it was someone in his team. Probably his SpAd.

:yep: I think you're right.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Small piglets do sometimes loft themselves skywards, but it is extremely rare.

So cynical for one so..ummm....

As I say: cynical :smile:
So cynical for one so..ummm....

As I say: cynical :smile:

:lol: As I grow old, I grow wise. :yep:
Personally I’d have preferred she got Fallon back, but let’s see how Mordaunt does.

Well Fallon has the huge advantage of being able to blatantly lie and make vicious character assassinations wholly unsupported by evidence on cue, so yeah, he has all the trappings of a Tory cabinet minister.
Well Fallon has the huge advantage of being able to blatantly lie and make vicious character assassinations wholly unsupported by evidence on cue, so yeah, he has all the trappings of a Tory cabinet minister.

His main brief was being Minister for the Today Programme. In that sense, I wish he would come back, just to replace Nadhim Zahawi

Not really, he was just good at the job and I liked him. Great on the today programme, his face of disgust when asked a question on Marr.,
(edited 4 years ago)
Not really, he was just good at the job and I liked him. Great on the today programme, his face of disgust when asked a question..

Today is a radio programme...

I meant to write on Marr at the end of that sentence, but I accidentally clicked send. (Today is incidentally recorded however)
I am very happy about the replacement I'm in a defence related job in Portsmouth with a Portsmouth MP as Sec. Sounds ideal to me. :rofl:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Decahedron
It takes a lot for May to sack someone so there must be some truth in it.

Agreed, especially as Grayling is still in a job.
Original post by barnetlad
Agreed, especially as Grayling is still in a job.

Grayling is her favourite - he was her campaign manager when she ran for the Tory leadership. Otherwise he'd have been kicked out years ago.

When you tell the young 'uns that, they don't believe you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending