The Student Room Group

National 5 Biology Unofficial Marking Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sophieeeeee.x
What direction was it in or out

pretty sure it was in
Does anyone have the section 2 answers yet?
Guys just in case, you find Section 2 don't hesitate to share the pictures! :smile: I still don't have the paper
It asks about the type of variation which is controlled by more than one gene. So we know two types of variation- Discrete and Continuous. Discrete is controlled by a single gene whereas Continuous is controlled by more than one gene hence it is known polygenic inheritance.
So I had chosen Polygenic (silly me didn't read the question!) *facepalm*
I think I have to edit the marking scheme and upload the right answers to some questions :smile:
Hope that is clear now
Original post by Willoxl
Can someone please explain multiple choice question 12
Original post by rittajmoghal29
It asks about the type of variation which is controlled by more than one gene. So we know two types of variation- Discrete and Continuous. Discrete is controlled by a single gene whereas Continuous is controlled by more than one gene hence it is known polygenic inheritance.
So I had chosen Polygenic (silly me didn't read the question!) *facepalm*
I think I have to edit the marking scheme and upload the right answers to some questions :smile:
Hope that is clear now

Thank you 👍🏻
Does anyone have a copy of the multiple choice without answers circled. I want to see the multi choice questions again but without other people's answers that will make me doubt me own haha! thanks if anyone can help out!!
Omg nooo I forgot to add arrows - did not see that question at all. I legit double checked and I just didn’t see the question, ugh I hope that mark doesn’t make a difference between an A and a B
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Coolbeans246
Omg nooo I forgot to add arrows - did not see that question at all. I legit double checked and I just didn’t see the question, ugh I hope that mark doesn’t make a difference between an A and a B

Don’t stress about it I’m sure you’ve done well Have you got the paper
(edited 4 years ago)
Anyone got the section 2 paper yet?? 😁
If anyone has please put it on here
Original post by Holliesinclair
Anyone got the section 2 paper yet?? 😁
I thought it was A, i honestly spent about 15mins counting the boxes
thanks! nah i dont have the paper, im confused to how people got the section 1 out ngl. Then again i go to a smaller skl so we would have been easily caught lol
Original post by sophieeeeee.x
Don’t stress about it I’m sure you’ve done well Have you got the paper
We got told, you can take it home or just leave it. It was gonna go in the bin if it had writing on it
Original post by Coolbeans246
thanks! nah i dont have the paper, im confused to how people got the section 1 out ngl. Then again i go to a smaller skl so we would have been easily caught lol
for the pyramid one would it not be the irregular one with a small bottom tier. i’m sure a whole bush would have enough energy to feed lots of caterpillars. if the producer was grass let’s say then yes it would be regular but not an entire bush.
No only trees have enough energy to sustain - only when trees r involved it’s irregular
Original post by steven amos
for the pyramid one would it not be the irregular one with a small bottom tier. i’m sure a whole bush would have enough energy to feed lots of caterpillars. if the producer was grass let’s say then yes it would be regular but not an entire bush.
That was my logic too, I put down A for that one
Original post by steven amos
Original post by Valeriex
We got told, you can take it home or just leave it. It was gonna go in the bin if it had writing on it

They never told us that ugh 😂
Original post by Consequence_CC
That was my logic too, I put down A for that one

I put the same there are more caterpillars than bushes as it is a large producer
Paper 2 yet?? 😂😂
It asks for 2020 so you have to add on twice as much
Original post by Ibra_17
How is 17 b

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending