The Student Room Group

WARWICK IFP OR University of manchester?

So I have conditionals from warwick International foundation program computer science and university of manchester computer science.
should i go to warwick ifp because that gives me a chance to go to oxbridge or Imperial or should I just go to manchester?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, where did you go? I am going warwick ifp this september and I want to enter imperial college as well...
Does Imperial and Oxbridge accept foundation for entry into undergraduate study? There are lots of universities that will accept Manchester's foundation. Which foundation is it? They have a couple I believe.

Depends where you want to live. Warwick is a rural student campus and Manchester has a campus on the edge of the city. I went to Manchester and the prestige and quality of education is as high a standard as you will find anywhere and there are many students who go on to further study at Oxbridge after they graduate from Manchester.

Enviable position for you to be in! Good luck! :smile:
Original post by Lisa. XR
Hi, where did you go? I am going warwick ifp this september and I want to enter imperial college as well...

I didn't accept any offer yet but its 75% gonna be Warwick ifp for me to get a shot at top unis. So see you there maybe
PS If you don't mind me asking, where are you from?
I Don't think it's about prestige but rather the people and opp that you get when you go to an elite college
On imperials website they say they accept only 2 foundation years UCL and Warwick
Original post by UniGuru25
Does Imperial and Oxbridge accept foundation for entry into undergraduate study? There are lots of universities that will accept Manchester's foundation. Which foundation is it? They have a couple I believe.

Depends where you want to live. Warwick is a rural student campus and Manchester has a campus on the edge of the city. I went to Manchester and the prestige and quality of education is as high a standard as you will find anywhere and there are many students who go on to further study at Oxbridge after they graduate from Manchester.

Enviable position for you to be in! Good luck! :smile:
Reply 6
Me the same. I got an offer from uni Melbourne computer science and I didn't accept any yet....😂 so hard to choose
Original post by GRootedegroote
I didn't accept any offer yet but its 75% gonna be Warwick ifp for me to get a shot at top unis. So see you there maybe
Reply 7
yeah that's what I read about on their website. Warwick ifp just replied me that there were 63 ucl and 11 imperial in the past 5 years.... what do you think of it?
On imperials website they say they accept only 2 foundation years UCL and Warwick
Reply 8
I'm from China, where are you from?

Well that's quite interesting cause, on one hand, this proves that there's a chance to go to imperial but on the other, only 11 in the past 5 years means it is quite rare cuz I think batch strength is in the hundreds or something, then again it is IMPERIAL so..
yeah that's what I read about on their website. Warwick ifp just replied me that there were 63 ucl and 11 imperial in the past 5 years.... what do you think of it?
Im from India. so glad I found someone else wanting ifp too
I'm from China, where are you from?

actually science and engineering class is really small, only about 30 people per year......Therefore the ratio is not that bad......most of students went for business class and imperial only accept students learning science and engineering related in warwick ifp

Well that's quite interesting cause, on one hand, this proves that there's a chance to go to imperial but on the other, only 11 in the past 5 years means it is quite rare cuz I think batch strength is in the hundreds or something, then again it is IMPERIAL so..
glad to find you too
Im from India. so glad I found someone else wanting ifp too
Did you go through warwick interviews? The mathematics questions they asked me to work out are really really easy, so I think 80% may not be that hard for me.
Warwick interviews? where did you find the math questions?
Did you go through warwick interviews? The mathematics questions they asked me to work out are really really easy, so I think 80% may not be that hard for me.
???
Or may be they just accept you directly, while they asked me to do an interview before accepting me😂
Warwick interviews? where did you find the math questions?
Oh, I didn't have to do an interview I just applied and got a conditional. But I don't think those math questions can really be indicative of the course's difficulty.
Was this interview through skype?
???
Or may be they just accept you directly, while they asked me to do an interview before accepting me😂
Of cause the course won't be that easy, but they told me that I may be the fastest one to answer those questions, so that kind of tell me I have a chance to be a top one 😂
Oh, I didn't have to do an interview I just applied and got a conditional. But I don't think those math questions can really be indicative of the course's difficulty.
Was this interview through skype?
oh yeah makes sense.
Of cause the course won't be that easy, but they told me that I may be the fastest one to answer those questions, so that kind of tell me I have a chance to be a top one 😂
Hi, have you decided yet?

Quick Reply

Latest