The Student Room Group

Btec Business national unit 2 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Does anyone know any political issues with popup cinemas?
wtf has this turned into XD
Original post by Bcae19
Does anyone know any political issues with popup cinemas?

Copyright of using film
Omg ikr what even, I mean I only wanted a bit of help
some one help on Size, structure and trend and market share
Does anyone actually have any useful information coz I'm struggling to get my 6 pages done. Any information about pop up cinemas would help
yo if yall can find any info, please hmu xxx
Original post by Nafeesaa
Omg ikr what even, I mean I only wanted a bit of help
Same- i made this for all of us to help each other ... not to talk about irrelevant things
Would you include normal indoor cinemas and say why some people would prefer them over pop up comments and the other way around as well??
Reply 69
I'd include normal cinemas as a competitor
Yo wag 1 family i need some websites to help me find info for pop up cinemas feel free to leave me some links
WAG 1 G'S

Can you send me some links to find some info about Pop up Cinemas :biggrin:
Sure.

Check stuff like skyline popup and popupcinema hire
Original post by Big Man Sajid
WAG 1 G'S

Can you send me some links to find some info about Pop up Cinemas :biggrin:
Indoor cinemas are more popular as it is open all year around and there is no worry about the weather because it is indoor
Original post by Nafeesaa
Would you include normal indoor cinemas and say why some people would prefer them over pop up comments and the other way around as well??
Market size Market Structure Market share
Market Size - Profitability, the most important being that market size tells you whether there’s a large enough group of consumers or businesses who will actually purchase your product and within the cinemas market there will always be a high demand for these films and even for older films therefore there is profit to be made of this type of business within this market. Competitive Advantage, the business idea in which has been settled upon is that it is pop up therefore it has the ability to move around and can screen a whole variety of movies ranging from classics to new releases and this will give a competitive advantage over the larger companies who have not branched into this idea
Market Structure - The structure of this market would be perfect as there are many firms which provide cinema screenings and this is backed by the fact that all these competitors only have a set amount of films in which they show people with some showing older films and others focussing of newer releases. The way that prices are done are through who ever can sell the best product for the cheapest
Market Share - The large portion of this market is controlled by Cineworld(25.4), Odeon(24.3), Vue(20.4), National Amusements(5.6), Picturehouse Cineworld(2.3), Empire Cinemas (2.2) and others(19.9). This shows that the larger companies do have some control over the other companies within this market as they own a very large share of the market which makes it rather difficult for new businesses to enter this market not sure if correct but here's my take on it ... PM with questions

Original post by Lemon_is_fluffy
Does anyone actually have any useful information coz I'm struggling to get my 6 pages done. Any information about pop up cinemas would help
(edited 4 years ago)
My g i see you shining thanks for the help your a real one if you have any more websites just let me know plz
Original post by GrockLord

Check stuff like skyline popup and popupcinema hire

M
Open your eyes and have a look
Original post by bobbimarrow
yo if yall can find any info, please hmu xxx
This is what I have rn.

Gdp has dropped to 0.4 growth.

300 to 500 is average price

They can move anywhere they want
They are at the mercy of mother nature

People tend to talk a lot while at the pop up cinema

around 15,000 people attending a cinema event and there is evidence of the film industry looking into it.

VUE,Odeon,Showcase.

Niche market as it is not well known and can be targeted towards older people since they know more classics

Copyright might be involved if they do not licence properly

Film4 runs a summer screening

The size would be small since it is a niche market

Indoor cinemas would not be subjected to the weather

Depends on the movie on what type of people it would attract

Cinema industry is falling since Popup cinema is attracting more and more people

Pop Up Cinemas are mobile and the segment is dominated by small scale businesses.

Prices tend to fluctuate because every popup is trying to sell the best product for the cheapest price.
There is already some big companies within the film industry

CineWorld (25.4) Odeon (24.3) Vue (20.4) National Amusements (5.6) Picturehouse CineWorld (2.3) Empire Cinemas (2.2) others (19.9)

Drive-in Cinemas became popular during 1950’s and 60’s (possible homage to that?)
Original post by Big Man Sajid
My g i see you shining thanks for the help your a real one if you have any more websites just let me know plz

M
Ive talked about netflix and cinemas also being competitors is that alright???????????????
Yeah that’s what I was thinking, thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending