The Student Room Group

Higher Maths 2018-19

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Im pretty sure there was log graph or cubic graph somewhere
Original post by Sb1929
There could be more graph drawing because they’ve extended the papers marks this year. They didn’t test graph transformations at all during 15,16,17 and 18
Reply 61
I mean graphs like f(2x)+1
Original post by amnai
Im pretty sure there was log graph or cubic graph somewhere
Original post by Cg0762
So if you were to draw an inverse of a curve is it just the mirror of it?

Just drawing the reflection of the curve across the line y=x, so (5, 2) becomes (2, 5) and so on.
Hope the exam goes well for you all in the morning :smile:
Reply 64
Anyone got a leaked paper lol. That would help me pass.
How did you all get on? :smile:
Reply 66
My Dd who is really good at maths said it was really difficult!! Much harder than the specimen papers.
Reply 67
that was the worst thing in the world
way harder than the specimen
Original post by Labrador99
How did you all get on? :smile:
It was awful!! Nothing like previous past papers :frown:
Reply 70
Original post by ailsa.02
It was awful!! Nothing like previous past papers :frown:

im seeing a trend, first bio now maths. they've mase the exams this year really difficult. one can only imagine what physics is going to be like.
Reply 71
This is ending up like biology, IMO biology was harder, but this was still very difficult with lots of funny numbers.
Paper 1 was alright...paper 2 not so much.

Does anyone have the answers?
Reply 73
I thought it was quite a fair paper. Paper 1 I think I only missed 7-9 marks. Paper 2 was pretty decent apart from optimisation part a).. didn’t even try it. Part b) took a little while to simplify and get x. That polynomial question wasn’t that bad if you studied it properly.
overall very bad. paper 1 was bad for me but maybe that’s just because i’m dumb, paper 2 however was just impossible
Reply 75
i think it the worst cfe higher paper not including 2015
For the polynomial question, is it possible to factorise the quadratic, or do you just leave it in the (x+1)(x-1)(3x^2+4x+2) format?
I got an A in higher maths at school but I would be STUNNED if I got an A in that paper.
Original post by Mikey4502
For the polynomial question, is it possible to factorise the quadratic, or do you just leave it in the (x+1)(x-1)(3x^2+4x+2) format?

My teacher said it couldn't be factorised any further so it should be right. I don't see where the 5 marks come from though
Reply 79
Yeh I got that answer, and I expected to have to do more since there was so many marks available.
Original post by A1renegade
My teacher said it couldn't be factorised any further so it should be right. I don't see where the 5 marks come from though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending