The Student Room Group

CIE AS and A-level may/june 2019 discussion thread (and more..)

Scroll to see replies

Can you send it to me pls? Thank you
Original post by wajhi
i have 2019 9701 paper 42 if anyone need contact here
Just gave paper 12. It was horrible for me. Which variant was yours?

Original post by Mateja
Did anyone do As Level Mathematics today? Cambridge exam board.
I agree it was sort of easy in a weird sense, but I can totally see plenty of people (including me) making quite a number of silly mistakes throughout the paper than usual. You were screwed if you did not know how to explain competing equilibria in the way they usually want it, and also if you misunderstood that benzene position substitution thingy xD. I got caught offguard with some of the inorganic; it looked like they were trying to make some calculations easier for us - but it looked very suspicious....
Original post by MushiRock11
https://www.file4.net/f-SPW, here’s the link to it. See if it works for you. It’s Solved M19/42, by the way.

I see, that’s good to hear! Here’s to hoping we got out desirable grades too!
87 for an A is way too much for sure xD. I doubt it’ll even hit the 74-75 mark, let alone a staggering 85+.
(edited 4 years ago)
Did anyone do chem variant 1? How did you guys find it
Thank you so so so much for this
https://www.file4.net/f-SPW, here’s the link to it. See if it works for you. It’s Solved M19/42, by the way.

I see, that’s good to hear! Here’s to hoping we got out desirable grades too!
87 for an A is way too much for sure xD. I doubt it’ll even hit the 74-75 mark, let alone a staggering 85+.
do you remember what you got for the circular measure question paper 12?
Original post by Hash2002
Maths Paper was Maaaad Tough. Really Hope that the Grade Threshold Goes Down and obviously i need to have a Perfect Mechanics Paper
I have for Physics P4 too. But it’s solved. I’ll get a non-solved one tomorrow from my teacher.
Send me a private message if you need it.

can you please send the link for march 19 bio and maths p3 too? also, would like to see chemistry too.
Original post by googie3
can you please send the link for march 19 bio and maths p3 too? also, would like to see chemistry too.

Sorry, I don’t have for either of the two. It’ll be available from the 16th of May onwards so I hope your papers will be after that.
Original post by Fsmole
Thank you so so so much for this

Sure you’re most welcome!
Use this wisely and I wish you all the best!
Original post by thelegend66
I agree it was sort of easy in a weird sense, but I can totally see plenty of people (including me) making quite a number of silly mistakes throughout the paper than usual. You were screwed if you did not know how to explain competing equilibria in the way they usually want it, and also if you misunderstood that benzene position substitution thingy xD. I got caught offguard with some of the inorganic; it looked like they were trying to make some calculations easier for us - but it looked very suspicious....

I know right, I know I’m one of the leading Champs when it comes to making aplenty of silly mistakes so I feel you xD.

I totally blew that Le Chatelier part and maybe a few more of such parts and will probably lose a mark in that substitution thingy too. About the Inorganic though, I’ve to totally agree with you there. I’d a bit of complication figuring out between Octahedral Complexes undergoing Geometric or Optical Isomerism but they really gave it away cheaply this paper. Even the orders of rate were presented to us, jeez what is CAIE up to lol?

What do you think the threshold will demand for an A?
yeah mee, wasn't it actually pretty hard?

Original post by Mateja
Did anyone do As Level Mathematics today? Cambridge exam board.
Sorry, I don’t have for either of the two. It’ll be available from the 16th of May onwards so I hope your papers will be after that.

Sure you’re most welcome!
Use this wisely and I wish you all the best!

I know right, I know I’m one of the leading Champs when it comes to making aplenty of silly mistakes so I feel you xD.

I totally blew that Le Chatelier part and maybe a few more of such parts and will probably lose a mark in that substitution thingy too. About the Inorganic though, I’ve to totally agree with you there. I’d a bit of complication figuring out between Octahedral Complexes undergoing Geometric or Optical Isomerism but they really gave it away cheaply this paper. Even the orders of rate were presented to us, jeez what is CAIE up to lol?

What do you think the threshold will demand for an A?

I lowkey suspect that they did this since they were expecting us to mess up a lot in some other questions.
I'd agree with the earlier suggestion: 70-80 for A.
I lowkey suspect that they did this since they were expecting us to mess up a lot in some other questions.

Lol, they are going to get a handful of that from us then.

80, seriously? I don’t think it’d even exceed 73/74. Did everyone in your batch have an excellent paper or something of the sort?
Lol, they are going to get a handful of that from us then.

80, seriously? I don’t think it’d even exceed 73/74. Did everyone in your batch have an excellent paper or something of the sort?

I found variant 1 really weird and different to all previous papers :/
Original post by ZainaSpeaks

Oh, is that so? Well, I hope you manage to achieve your desired grade nevertheless!
Ours wasn’t your typical Chemistry P4 either. Was it like weirdly easy or bad news?
I did variant 1 too and it was a little different
The vapourisation of br stumped me
Original post by Fsmole
I did variant 1 too and it was a little different
The vapourisation of br stumped me

Same, how did you find it overall

yes a few papers after 16th. Do you have p5 papers from march 19?
also, do you have any O level papers march 2019?
It wasn't bad but wasn't good either so fingers crossed
Same, how did you find it overall
Anybody has the Python solution of Computer Science Pre-Release Material Paper 22?
guys I found the papers for all on alphaphysx on facebook. The page has ms and question papers for all variant 2s for March 2019.
Can you post the link here please
Original post by youknowwho1234
guys I found the papers for all on alphaphysx on facebook. The page has ms and question papers for all variant 2s for March 2019.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending