The Student Room Group

National 5 Maths 2018/19

Scroll to see replies

When we get our results can we find out what we got in the Calculator and the Non calculator seperatley? I don't think they tell us in the results you get in the mail but if you were to ask your school would they know?
Original post by rittajmoghal29
So we don't need to memorise the exact values table? This makes me me feel relieved dont know why our teacher told us to revise values 🤔😌

We have never been taught exact values so hopefully not
I think so but I’m not entirely sure. I like your username 😊

Original post by SchuylerSister22
When we get our results can we find out what we got in the Calculator and the Non calculator seperatley? I don't think they tell us in the results you get in the mail but if you were to ask your school would they know?
the percentage won't be on your certificate (only the grade) but I'm pretty sure teachers get your results. I think you can find out what you got in individual papers too (a couple of my friends in the year above knew how hey did in each paper)
Reply 64
With other subjects, we've been told we can see our assignment and paper marks if we ask our teacher so I would assume maths is the same. Good luck tomorrow!
oh my god oh my god
ugh i’m so nervous :/
hope they don’t make it too hard, i want a C at least lol
Reply 68
Have you tried the Booster papers on maths 180? They are set at each grade difficulty and helped me a lot!

https://www.maths180.com/n5-booster-papers.html
Original post by rashford10
hope they don’t make it too hard, i want a C at least lol
Original post by LnXrN
Have you tried the Booster papers on maths 180? They are set at each grade difficulty and helped me a lot!

https://www.maths180.com/n5-booster-papers.html

thank u so much! i’ve done the past papers for nat 5 and a few practice but i’ll try these as well
National5maths.co.uk is a godsend
Reply 71
Original post by Button222
National5maths.co.uk is a godsend

Agreed! It saved me after my mess of a prelim :biggrin:
Has anyone else tried the Hodder Gibson model paper , I'm not sure if its old but I find it quite difficult compared to past papers which are straight forward ?
Reply 73
That's the same as me! If you are understanding the papers created by the SQA then I wouldn't say its anything to worry about.
Original post by scott23434
Has anyone else tried the Hodder Gibson model paper , I'm not sure if its old but I find it quite difficult compared to past papers which are straight forward ?
Thank you 😊
Original post by sophieeeeee.x
I think so but I’m not entirely sure. I like your username 😊

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by scottishnerd
the percentage won't be on your certificate (only the grade) but I'm pretty sure teachers get your results. I think you can find out what you got in individual papers too (a couple of my friends in the year above knew how hey did in each paper)

Thank you! Good luck to you to! :smile:
Original post by LnXrN
With other subjects, we've been told we can see our assignment and paper marks if we ask our teacher so I would assume maths is the same. Good luck tomorrow!
hope the papers tomorrow are good to us all, good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 76
yes i think they should know
Good luck guys! May we ace it out there 🤗💞
It’s because they used a lot of material from the old credit papers
Original post by LnXrN
That's the same as me! If you are understanding the papers created by the SQA then I wouldn't say its anything to worry about.
i’m not too sure about how i’m feeling, my prelim went horrible wrong but i’ve done all the sqa papers, gotten As in them and i’ve done an A grade booster paper and done fine, not really sure on how to feel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending