The Student Room Group

school girl gets burned to death

Nusrat Jahan Rafi a Bangladeshi school girl killed by her own peers after she reported her headteacher for sexually assaulting her,this brutish and barbaric event sparked ripples of protests through out south Asia, RIP Nusrat Jahan Rafi.
Reply 1
9/11 was a by Saudi Arabia and Israel but the media often point finger at Saudi Arabia only ignoring the strong Israeli connection

Even the owner of the building Larry Silverstein, who MISSED WORK that day is good friends with Netanyahu.

Its offensive of course, and anti-semetic.. but then the truth often is.
(Original post by Jushine)
9/11 was a by Saudi Arabia and Israel but the media often point finger at Saudi Arabia only ignoring the strong Israeli connection

Even the owner of the building Larry Silverstein, who MISSED WORK that day is good friends with Netanyahu.

??
Reply 3
Don't forget Muslims.
Reply 4
Original post by Jushine

What about the 4 dancing Israelis?
Reply 5
very disappointing, this is where we need to take the fight of feminism...
Reply 6
So called anti racists seem to hate them a lot more.
Reply 7
Original post by Napp
Don't forget Muslims.

To be fair, I don't think all Muslims hate Jews. You shouldn't generalise like that.
Reply 8
Original post by QE2
To be fair, I don't think all Muslims hate Jews. You shouldn't generalise like that.

I meant racists hate Muslims as well...
Reply 9
Original post by Napp
I meant racists hate Muslims as well...

But only the Brown ones. A racist hating Dr Jonathan Brown or Laura Booth because of their racism wouldn't make any sense.
And if they hate some Muslims for their ethnicity rather than their religion, they are not "hating Muslims" but "hating Brown Foreigners".
If people hate Muslims because of the ideology they follow, then they will hate the white ones as well, so can't be doing it through racism.

I can't believe that people still need this explaining to them.
Reply 10
Original post by QE2
But only the Brown ones. A racist hating Dr Jonathan Brown or Laura Booth because of their racism wouldn't make any sense.
And if they hate some Muslims for their ethnicity rather than their religion, they are not "hating Muslims" but "hating Brown Foreigners".
If people hate Muslims because of the ideology they follow, then they will hate the white ones as well, so can't be doing it through racism.

I can't believe that people still need this explaining to them.

Sigh. Given that it is a lazy and rather thin excuse that holds no water that you’re only ‘criticising the ideology’. Also given the vast vast majority of Muslims are Turkic, Arab and Asian (with a smattering of blacks) it’s hardly a leap of logic. All we have to do is read the comments on this site about ‘barbaric Muslim countries’ and I can happily rest my case.

And I can’t believe you’re still trying to defend your hate of Muslims as simply ‘not liking an ideology’ we both know that’s a load of tosh that holds no water.

however, since I really am tired of having this exactly same “debate” with you as nauseum I’ll sign off on this one. You don’t agree with my posts and I don’t agree with yours so there is absolutely no point discussing it further.
Reply 11
Original post by Napp
Sigh. Given that it is a lazy and rather thin excuse that holds no water that you’re only ‘criticising the ideology’. Also given the vast vast majority of Muslims are Turkic, Arab and Asian (with a smattering of blacks) it’s hardly a leap of logic. All we have to do is read the comments on this site about ‘barbaric Muslim countries’ and I can happily rest my case.

And I can’t believe you’re still trying to defend your hate of Muslims as simply ‘not liking an ideology’ we both know that’s a load of tosh that holds no water.

however, since I really am tired of having this exactly same “debate” with you as nauseum I’ll sign off on this one. You don’t agree with my posts and I don’t agree with yours so there is absolutely no point discussing it further.

Ah, so you do still need it explaining to you. Ok, here goes.

1. Criticising Islamic ideology for being at times violent, intolerant and discriminatory is not the same as saying all Muslims are bad people. Anyone with a brain can see the difference.

2. Not all Muslims are Brown Foreigners. Not all Brown Foreigners are Muslims.

3. I would rather live next door to Maajid Nawaz (a Brown Muslim) than Tommy Robinson, or you (whatever your ethnicity).

4. If the only defence you have for the unacceptable elements of Islamic ideology is "well, you must hate all Muslims then", then you have no defence.

5. If a country prescribes stoning to death as a punishment for homosexuality, or flogs a rape victim for "committing zina", then they are, by definition, "barbaric". If your only defence of such barbarism is "b,but they're Brown Muslims", then you are guilty of the soft racism of low expectation. And you need to re-set your moral compass.

6. To paraphrase Homer Simpson - If you are really tired of being corrected ad nauseum, perhaps you should stop saying stupid things.
Original post by QE2

1. Criticising Islamic ideology for being at times violent, intolerant and discriminatory is not the same as saying all Muslims are bad people. Anyone with a brain can see the difference.

3. I would rather live next door to Maajid Nawaz (a Brown Muslim) than Tommy Robinson, or you (whatever your ethnicity).

4. If the only defence you have for the unacceptable elements of Islamic ideology is "well, you must hate all Muslims then", then you have no defence.

5. If a country prescribes stoning to death as a punishment for homosexuality, or flogs a rape victim for "committing zina", then they are, by definition, "barbaric". If your only defence of such barbarism is "b,but they're Brown Muslims", then you are guilty of the soft racism of low expectation. And you need to re-set your moral compass.

6. To paraphrase Homer Simpson - If you are really tired of being corrected ad nauseum, perhaps you should stop saying stupid things.

4's genesis is the near constant elision between 'Muslim' and 'Islam'. Particularly All Muslims = Islamists = Fundamentalists. It comes from muddied thinking.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by QE2

Please refer to my previous comment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending