The Student Room Group

Disgusting attack on Sri Lankans and Christians during Easter Sunday :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by z-hog
As for the other links, alright? Let's hope it never happens, if one day Ramadan observers are targeted like this we'll see how the reporting goes. Yeah, Obama will be saying just that, 'tourists and Ramadan worshippers'. Just compare it to the reporting on Christchurch, where the word Muslim is used in every piece just as it should. Well done for finding the one mention of Christians in five links, that's my case debunked beyond doubt.

Actually I found 'Christian's in a link you were using to debunk your case, so it's 2 out if 5 that use that word. However, it wasn't just Christians that were targeted and your comment about Muslims supports my case, that it will be Muslims at a mosque, but not just Christians when churches and hotels are bombed.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Gold DInar
Don't compare me to those khawarij dogs ISIS please, they are worse than najis kuffar:

Anas ibn Malik reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “There will be division and sectarianism in my nation and a people (the Kharijites) will come with beautiful words and evil deeds. They will recite the Quran but it will not pass beyond their throats. They will leave the religion as an arrow leaves its target and they will not return to it as the arrow does not return to its bow. They are the worst of the creation. Blessed are those who fight them and are killed by them. They call to the Book of Allah but they have nothing to do with it. Whoever fights them is better to Allah than them.”

Source: Sunan Abī Dāwūd 4765, Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Albani

Ibn Kathir said, “If the Khawarij ever gained power, they would corrupt the entire earth, Iraq, and Syria. They would not leave alone a boy or a girl or a man or a woman, for in their view the people have become so corrupt that they cannot be reformed except by mass killing.”

Source: al-Bidāyah wal-Nihāyah 10/584

Secondly, In Islam non-muslims are considered less-clean than muslims actually. There is a proper method on how to purify and clean one's body in Islam which muslims must follow along with doing wud'u 5 times a day too. So naturally also muslims are cleaner. Cleaner in their hearts aswell as in the apparent speaking in general terms.

um what? - as much as you hate it, this us and them ideology is upheld and propelled by groups like IS and those behind the attack....
Don't compare me to those khawarij dogs ISIS please, they are worse than najis kuffar:

Anas ibn Malik reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “There will be division and sectarianism in my nation and a people (the Kharijites) will come with beautiful words and evil deeds. They will recite the Quran but it will not pass beyond their throats. They will leave the religion as an arrow leaves its target and they will not return to it as the arrow does not return to its bow. They are the worst of the creation. Blessed are those who fight them and are killed by them. They call to the Book of Allah but they have nothing to do with it. Whoever fights them is better to Allah than them.”

Ibn Kathir said, “If the Khawarij ever gained power, they would corrupt the entire earth, Iraq, and Syria. They would not leave alone a boy or a girl or a man or a woman, for in their view the people have become so corrupt that they cannot be reformed except by mass killing.”

Secondly, In Islam non-muslims are considered less-clean than muslims actually. There is a proper method on how to purify and clean one's body in Islam which muslims must follow along with doing wud'u 5 times a day too. So naturally also muslims are cleaner. Cleaner in their hearts aswell as in the apparent speaking in general terms.

They might be considered cleaner in Islam but in reality some of the dirtiest neighbourhoods in the UK are the ones with large Muslim and Asian populations, and some of the dirtiest, smelliest countries in the world are Muslim. It has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with development, infrastructure and untrue, not religion. Washing yourself in the Islamic way doesn’t make you cleaner than some white British Christian/atheist who showers once a day and brushes their teeth twice a day.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 203
banned the teaching of many scholarly books

Interesting that you call them "scholarly books" rather than "Islamist propaganda" or "radical polemics".

if people were to wake up frm their coma there would be an entire revolution all over the muslim world which is what they are afraid of. I think you are a bit late as the governments have already known this and been trying to combat this since 20 years ago. It's just the laymen don't know anything as they are coconuts and they also don't know arabic so they don't have access to scholars from the muslim world. Governerment Spies are in every single ISOC at university also. MI5 agents approach students to spy on the ISOC. So, there are "muslim" students in ISOCS who are spies. So you see measures and steps have already been taking place for some time actually, to combat extremism and terrorism. The governments have been trying to water-wash Islam down for some time now and many muslims have accepted under the guise of "integrating into society". There's only so much they can do though at the end of the day. I am a Muslim and do admit that Islam is 100% a problem for the west and society as we know it today. It is definitely is a threat to this entire society. But what more can the governments do to combat it?

So all that stuff in your earlier posts was just mendacious deflection. You actually agree they Islam does contain the motivation and justification for such attacks.
Glad we cleared that up.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 204
I realised it wasn't an efficient use of my time to be addressing a najis kafir on the internet who is quite clearly suffering from a severe case of post-colonial stockholm syndrome.

lol. Someone sounds triggered.
Reply 205

I thought you couldn't be bothered replying to dirty unbelievers?
Remember you just explained that if Muslims worldwide were able to access the teachings of radical preachers, there would be an unstoppable Islamic revolution. While you may not subscribe to their specific brand of Islamism, you clearly agree with their ultimate aims.

You do realise that this could be applied to any Islamic sect, by any other Islamic sect. All it is saying is "I reject group x". ISIS undoubtedly use it against all those Muslims who profess to follow Islam but who cherry-pick and adapt it to fit modern society.

Indeed. ISIS believe that in general, Islam and Muslims have become corrupt and weak and need reforming. Did you have a point?

Also, Ibn Kathir says that verse 9:5 means that disbelievers "have no choice but to accept Islam or die", so I'm not sure if he's the best poster boy for Islamic peace and tolerance.

Nice try, but najis refers to spiritual cleanliness, not washing dirt off your hands.

One of the first steps in extremist radicalisation is the dehumanisation of out-groups.
Tick.
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
lol this is why people are turning away from religion, fairytales made by men in the 6th century...

islam is growing isnt it ?
Original post by mstone12
islam is growing isnt it ?

yeah because they havent figured out contraception yet, meant in the West
quite clearly suffering from a severe case of post-colonial stockholm syndrome.

Are you by any chance a Muslim of south Asian heritage or any other outside the historical Hejaz region?
(edited 4 years ago)
This aftermath of this incident shows that the media and left-wing are nothing more than a racist Muslim lobby. They first blamed the Tamils on the attacks and then blamed the attacks on the Sinhalese. The Christians in the attacks were mostly Tamil speaking except for one church that was mixed.
Reply 211
Original post by sridia
This aftermath of this incident shows that the media and left-wing are nothing more than a racist Muslim lobby. They first blamed the Tamils on the attacks and then blamed the attacks on the Sinhalese. The Christians in the attacks were mostly Tamil speaking except for one church that was mixed.

TSR guidelines preclude me from calling your comment what it is but suffice to say you come across as nothing but a far right, racist, conspiracy theory peddling child who will perversely use any tragedy to peddle your quaint fear of over a billion people and the rather peculiar fear of the so called left wing media (despite not even specifying whom in it you're whinging about).
Original post by Napp
TSR guidelines preclude me from calling your comment what it is but suffice to say you come across as nothing but a far right, racist, conspiracy theory peddling child who will perversely use any tragedy to peddle your quaint fear of over a billion people and the rather peculiar fear of the so called left wing media (despite not even specifying whom in it you're whinging about).

Because the media doesn't want to report on the fact that Islamophobia is far more important to Sri Lankans than any hatred between the ethnolingustic groups? And furthermore would rather focus on keeping a dying conflict ethnolingustic alive because it's more secular?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 213
Original post by sridia
Because the media doesn't want to report on the fact that Islamophobia is far more important to Sri Lankans than any hatred between the ethnolingustic groups? And furthermore would rather focus on keeping a dying conflict ethnolingustic alive because it's more secular?

Of course not.
Original post by Napp
Of course not.

The facts remain that the media has been trying to bring up the civil war at any given moment and fuel conflict between Tamils and Sinhalese eventhough it was dying, and furthermore it actively overlooked the growing animosity between Muslims and Non-Muslims on the island, then finally sought to blame the Easter attacks on both the Tamils and the Sinhalese rather than the Muslims which many Sri Lankans saw as being symbolic of BBC pro-Muslim racism. The reality is that the two communities have bonded over common heritage and that the emblems of the civil war are mostly gone - the media's focus on trying to restart a civil war is particualrly murky considering that western media has mostly sought to whitewash the Muslims who have been getting into conflict with both the Tamils and the Sinhalese, and plays into the wider role of western media in supporting anti-Islamophobia efforts globally and trying to make Muslims "look good". The media still barely reports about Tamil Islamophobia, and often writes about the Muslim troubles as if it's a by-product of Sinhalese Buddhism... it's racism against both ethnolingustic groups in Sri Lanka in favour of Muslims.

The New York Times and the BBC are the two most vocally active news outlets outside Sri Lanka when it comes to advocating Tamil extremist viewpoints, forwarding the view that all Tamils support secular extremist policies, and that all the Tamils feel discriminated by overt "Buddhist nationalism". It's pro-Muslim racism.

The left-wing hate any notion of Hindu Nationalism (pan-Lankan) looking better than secularism.
Reply 215
Original post by sridia
The facts remain that the media has been trying to bring up the civil war at any given moment and fuel conflict between Tamils and Sinhalese eventhough it was dying, and furthermore it actively overlooked the growing animosity between Muslims and Non-Muslims on the island, then finally sought to blame the Easter attacks on both the Tamils and the Sinhalese rather than the Muslims which many Sri Lankans saw as being symbolic of BBC pro-Muslim racism. The reality is that the two communities have bonded over common heritage and that the emblems of the civil war are mostly gone - the media's focus on trying to restart a civil war is particualrly murky considering that western media has mostly sought to whitewash the Muslims who have been getting into conflict with both the Tamils and the Sinhalese, and plays into the wider role of western media in supporting anti-Islamophobia efforts globally and trying to make Muslims "look good". The media still barely reports about Tamil Islamophobia, and often writes about the Muslim troubles as if it's a by-product of Sinhalese Buddhism... it's racism against both ethnolingustic groups in Sri Lanka in favour of Muslims.

The New York Times and the BBC are the two most vocally active news outlets outside Sri Lanka when it comes to advocating Tamil extremist viewpoints, forwarding the view that all Tamils support secular extremist policies, and that all the Tamils feel discriminated by overt "Buddhist nationalism". It's pro-Muslim racism.

The left-wing hate any notion of Hindu Nationalism (pan-Lankan) looking better than secularism.

Okay, so to boil this down i'm going to simply assume you're a Sri Lankan whose taken umbrage with unfavorable reporting and has a particular dislike for muslims? That sound about right or?
Original post by Napp
Okay, so to boil this down i'm going to simply assume you're a Sri Lankan whose taken umbrage with unfavorable reporting and has a particular dislike for muslims? That sound about right or?

The fact is that Islamophobia has been rampant among Tamils and Sinhalese on the island (and the diaspora) for over a decade yet the left-leaning media have mostly sought to ignore it and instead blame the Islamophobia on the "Sinhalese Buddhists" (whatever that is), whilst continously parroting random propaganda about how the Tamils were supportive of nationalism and were being persecuted by the Sinhalese (all lies). It has all been left-wing media that is basically aimed at supporting Muslims and preventing Hindu Nationalism peacefully developing the island. Also the BBC is probably now considered racist by the vast majority of Non-Muslim South Asian ethnic group.
Original post by sridia
The fact is that Islamophobia has been rampant among Tamils and Sinhalese on the island (and the diaspora) for over a decade yet the left-leaning media have mostly sought to ignore it and instead blame the Islamophobia on the "Sinhalese Buddhists" (whatever that is), whilst continously parroting random propaganda about how the Tamils were supportive of nationalism and were being persecuted by the Sinhalese (all lies). It has all been left-wing media that is basically aimed at supporting Muslims and preventing Hindu Nationalism peacefully developing the island. Also the BBC is probably now considered racist by the vast majority of Non-Muslim South Asian ethnic group.

Yeah that is true a lot of Sri Lankans are islamophobic and I’ve heard a lot of questionable stuff from my parents about Muslims in the wake of the attacks but you have to realise that this attitude isn’t right. Most Muslims are in Sri Lanka peacefully, they aren’t trying to bomb people, in fact this was the first ever terror attack by Muslims in Sri Lanka so clearly it hasn’t been a problem among the community for a long time. It’s important for all the ethnic groups and religions to get along in Sri Lanka. Do you really want another war or riots?
Original post by JTharma
Yeah that is true a lot of Sri Lankans are islamophobic and I’ve heard a lot of questionable stuff from my parents about Muslims in the wake of the attacks but you have to realise that this attitude isn’t right. Most Muslims are in Sri Lanka peacefully, they aren’t trying to bomb people, in fact this was the first ever terror attack by Muslims in Sri Lanka so clearly it hasn’t been a problem among the community for a long time. It’s important for all the ethnic groups and religions to get along in Sri Lanka. Do you really want another war or riots?

1) I'm Islamophobic on the basis of British culture and it's nothing to do with Sri Lanka.The situation over in Sri Lanka is another issue but Islamophobia seems to be common too.

2) Muslims are still a major problem. Why is it that every Sri Lankan, whether a Tamil or a Sinhalese, will support India in a cricket match with Sri Lanka isn't playing, but that Muslims would support Pakistan? They have always been against the Tamils/Sinhalese and they are untrustworthy.

3) It has been the left-wing and the BBC that have been calling for war/riots in Sri Lanka for the past decade or two, despite plenty of the Tamil community saying that they were wrong. Now people are blaming the Tamils/Sinhalese for riots when it was the Muslims bombing churches? lol.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending