The Student Room Group
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

Which of my offers are best for mathematics?

Hi, I have offers for mathematics at University of Edinburgh, Heriot Watt, Queen's Belfast and University of Leeds. I'm just wondering which is the best?
Original post by As10g18
Hi, I have offers for mathematics at University of Edinburgh, Heriot Watt, Queen's Belfast and University of Leeds. I'm just wondering which is the best?

Hi As10g18,

Heriot-Watt here :hi: We are ranked 1st in Scotland for Mathematics (and 5th in the UK) for overall student satisfaction (NSS 2018). The Complete University Guide 2020 ranks us 10th in the UK (out of 75 Mathematics Departments). We have really flexible degree programmes so you can choose different options to suit your developing strengths and aptitude for different mathematics topics. We have a great weekly Maths Cafe where students come together to study, discuss maths and meet other students. Students revise, solve tutorial exercises and talk about maths with their friends. Peer Mentors also join in. There are also...biscuits! :woo:Everyone in the Mathematics Department here is very friendly. Our campus is such a great place to study - lots of woodland walks, a loch, our amazing sports facility (Oriam), great societies (even one for Garlic Bread!) but it's also a short bus ride into Edinburgh, which is an amazing city!

Take a tour of our campus here:

We have some great final year courses to choose from, which are linked to the research we do, including Mathematical Biology which our Head of Maths is using to help protect red squirrels! https://www.hw.ac.uk/about/news/2019/maths-academic-leads-the-fight-to-protect.htm :shock:

What factors are you considering when trying to make your choice?

Holly
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest