The Student Room Group

physics at A-level?

I was just wondering what physics is at a level, im currently in year 11 and wanted to hear some opinions.
its good, but depends on what you like. theres alot of maths, some of which goes to further maths level.
Reply 2
Original post by Gent2324
its good, but depends on what you like. theres alot of maths, some of which goes to further maths level.

There's no further maths in physics?
Reply 3
Original post by Elsmok
I was just wondering what physics is at a level, im currently in year 11 and wanted to hear some opinions.

10/10 love it. So much so that I decided to study it in uni.
Reply 4

Further maths can help but it's doable even without it. Doing regular maths is a massive plus so take maths too if you pick physics.
subjectwise, I think it is the most interesting one out of all - there are a lot of super cool experiments and the syllabus contains fun stuff but I think it all comes down to the school physics department teachers and all that crap. Just do it if you like maths and are a practical person.
Original post by ibyghee

further mechanics crosses over with further mechanics in further maths
Original post by j.1.2
Further maths can help but it's doable even without it. Doing regular maths is a massive plus so take maths too if you pick physics.
subjectwise, I think it is the most interesting one out of all - there are a lot of super cool experiments and the syllabus contains fun stuff but I think it all comes down to the school physics department teachers and all that crap. Just do it if you like maths and are a practical person.

oh yeah its completely doable without it, my point was that some of the maths does get reasonably hard. mechanics in maths is pretty much the same so it saves so much revision time.
Reply 7
Original post by ibyghee

there is, you study circular motion, momentum and equilibrim which is in further maths mechanics
Reply 8
further mechanics crosses over with further mechanics in further maths

Further mechanics is a different subject?
Reply 9
Original post by j.1.2
there is, you study circular motion, momentum and equilibrim which is in further maths mechanics

oh right, I never knew. tbh, circular motion and momentum is pretty easy. Equilibrium is in normal math though right?
Original post by ibyghee
Further mechanics is a different subject?

no its in further maths and physics. its an option in further maths and gets much much harder than physics, but there are a few crossovers with angular velocity and centriputal forces

Quick Reply

Latest