The Student Room Group

Christians are “the most persecuted religious group”

Scroll to see replies

Palestinians are all religions including Samaritans their not just Muslims even though in twenty years time most Palestinians Christians will have left because of persecution by Muslims. By the way, the Palestinians Muslims population is going up and women give birth in Israeli hospitals treated by mainly Arab Israeli Christians, they are not being ethnic cleansing.

If you go to Beirut the Palestinians Muslims are treated worst than animals they live in makeshift houses there no clean water rats everywhere their not allowed healthcare other than the UN schools jobs or citizenship.

Original post by Taz554:-)
tell that to the millions of Rohingya Muslims and Palestinians and Uighur Muslims being 'Ethnically Cleansed'
Original post by JTharma
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48146305
“The persecution of Christians in parts of the world is at near "genocide" levels, according to a report ordered by Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt.
The review, led by the Bishop of Truro the Right Reverend Philip Mounstephen, estimated that one in three people suffer from religious persecution.
Christians were the most persecuted religious group, it found.
Mr Hunt said he felt that "political correctness" had played a part in the issue not being confronted.

The interim report said the main impact of "genocidal acts against Christians is exodus" and that Christianity faced being "wiped out" from parts of the Middle East.
It warned the religion "is at risk of disappearing" in some parts of the world, pointing to figures which claimed Christians in Palestine represent less than 1.5% of the population, while in Iraq they had fallen from 1.5 million before 2003 to less than 120,000.”

give me a break there r still 3.3 billion of you tbh so calm down . the population is too much anyway
This thread seems to be a perfect example of why Christian persecution is not taken seriously.
A lot of people from my church are international students from China where Christians are heavily persecuted which has been well documented. I think the problem here is not 'who is most oppressed' or 'who is most oppressed per capita' but that in the UK we associate Christianity with Europe and the US where Christians are generally in a good position but we forget about the millions of Christians that are not this lucky.

With this said I think even in Europe and the UK there is a terrible amount of casual ignorance and intolerance towards Christians which is said everyday by educated people in universities. I've personally had lecturers casually misrepresent my faith in front of the whole class which is only laughed at by the other students, similarly flatmates have mocked me for practising my religion which only puts more pressure on 'trying to fit in' at uni. I don't think this kind of behaviour is tolerated for other religions which we see as less privileged than Christianity
Because there are 3.3 billion Christians they should persecute shame on you.
Original post by bobzzzzzz
give me a break there r still 3.3 billion of you tbh so calm down . the population is too much anyway
Original post by looloo2134

no i never even said that . firstly it was a joke and dont forget the 3 million jews which christians persecuted and the many millions of blacks , indians and aborginals , even muslims which christians have persecuted . funny how u never made a thread about that LOLOLOL
Original post by Kernanicus
A lot of people from my church are international students from China where Christians are heavily persecuted which has been well documented. I think the problem here is not 'who is most oppressed' or 'who is most oppressed per capita' but that in the UK we associate Christianity with Europe and the US where Christians are generally in a good position but we forget about the millions of Christians that are not this lucky.

With this said I think even in Europe and the UK there is a terrible amount of casual ignorance and intolerance towards Christians which is said everyday by educated people in universities. I've personally had lecturers casually misrepresent my faith in front of the whole class which is only laughed at by the other students, similarly flatmates have mocked me for practising my religion which only puts more pressure on 'trying to fit in' at uni. I don't think this kind of behaviour is tolerated for other religions which we see as less privileged than Christianity

All people from all faiths when they practice it, other people will mock and you just gotta ignore it.
Original post by looloo2134

ooooooooooo also the british empire persecuted 29 million indians. and thats just the indian race so dont even get me started also america and russia and its lovely allies actually gave weapons to the taliban and and the isis coz they wanted thetre own little battleground and killed millions AGAIN owowowowowowowwowo
This is not persecution olympics guys. Don’t compare the persecution of Christians to the persecution of Muslims or Jewish people. They are issues on their own and relative to eachother.
Original post by MariannaL
This is not persecution olympics guys. Don’t compare the persecution of Christians to the persecution of Muslims or Jewish people. They are issues on their own and relative to eachother.

yah im not comparing it but its funny how the thread maker just assumed that christians are undergoing the largest genocide blah blah blah without looking at actual facts . ny genocide whatever the number is is unacceptable and horrible because every life matters
yah im not comparing it but its funny how the thread maker just assumed that christians are undergoing the largest genocide blah blah blah without looking at actual facts . ny genocide whatever the number is is unacceptable and horrible because every life matters

What makes Christian prosecution less important? I hope you aren’t saying it’s justified. This thread is about Christians , not the British empire, or slavery. If you want to talk about those, make your own thread.
Original post by Professional G
What makes Christian prosecution less important? I hope you aren’t saying it’s justified. This thread is about Christians , not the British empire, or slavery. If you want to talk about those, make your own thread.

yah its about chritsians but surely its not the largest genocide happening . i clearly said its not justified . but it just shows how ignorant the thread maker is to the real evidence about the largest persecuted religious group . just because christians are gettting persecuted that doesnt mean we ignore the other religions that are and were due to or not due to christians and the thread maker us clearly ignorant of that fact hence put forward his view
yah its about chritsians but surely its not the largest genocide happening . i clearly said its not justified . but it just shows how ignorant the thread maker is to the real evidence about the largest persecuted religious group . just because christians are gettting persecuted that doesnt mean we ignore the other religions that are and were due to or not due to christians and the thread maker us clearly ignorant of that fact hence put forward his view

There have been threads on other religions too. If anything, people have forgotten about Christians, how many times do you see something about Christians getting killed in the news? Just because for one time, a certain group was highlighted, it doesn’t mean people have forgotten about others.
Original post by Professional G
There have been threads on other religions too. If anything, people have forgotten about Christians, how many times do you see something about Christians getting killed in the news? Just because for one time, a certain group was highlighted, it doesn’t mean people have forgotten about others.

ofcourse youre right about that . all i didnt agree was the numbers the person was talking about thats all

??
Original post by Taz554:-)
tell that to the millions of Rohingya Muslims and Palestinians and Uighur Muslims being 'Ethnically Cleansed'

What even is this argument? OP said that Christians are the most persecuted religious group, the fact some Muslims are also persecuted doesn’t stop that from being true.
Christians have spent the best part of two millennia engaging in persecution of other people.
Original post by AJ126
Christians have spent the best part of two millennia engaging in persecution of other people.

And this is relevant why?
Original post by artful_lounger
I have to laugh :rolleyes:

Also it seems bizarre for them to fixate on the dearth of Christianity in the middle east when it's one of the most prevalent religions in most other areas of the world, including the Asia-Pacific region, Africa, and South America, not to mention Europe and North America.

But I guess the fact there is one place they don't have a vice-grip on is unacceptable to them..

this is very sad, especially when emitted by a "forum helper" who is supposed to be more evolved than the rest of us.
remind us what is funny about this ?

https://ctd-thechristianpost.netdna-ssl.com/en/full/57871/coptic-christians-beheading-in-2015.jpg?w=760&h=435
Original post by Decahedron
And this is relevant why?

Just thought I'd point it out before any Christians started getting a victim complex.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending