The Student Room Group

Your team's best and worst day of 2018-19?

The 2018-19 season is almost over, which are the best and worst moments of your team in the season?
For me:
Best day: 4-0 home win against Barcelona, the best comeback ever!
Also, 2-0 win vs Spurs, European Champions for the 6th time!
Worst day: 2-0 loss at Red Star. Truly awful performance that day.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Liverpool:

Best moments: the win at Spurs. I was there that day and it really set the ball rolling for a proper title challenge. Particularly enjoyed the home win against Chelsea too.

Worst: as above the Red Star away game, wtf was that about? Poor performance and terrible result. Barcelona away felt pretty low as left feeling dumbstruck by it.
Probably 2-0 against City and 6-0 against City
Best: Paris SG 1-3 Man United

Worst: pretty much all the others tbh but the 4-0 loss at Everton whilst chasing a champions league spot really did me in the most I think
Best: 2-0 vs City, 3-0 vs Watford
Worst: 6-0 vs City, 4-0 vs Bournemouth
Reply 5
The 2018/19 season is ended! Feel free to post your team's best and worst moments of the season!
Best: Lucas Moura's 3rd goal vs Ajax
Worst: Losing to Bournemouth while getting 2 players sent off. I thought top 4 was gone but lucky for us, Arsenal and Manchester United also messed up big time.
Reply 7
Rangers:

Best - Either of the home wins against Celtic. We completely dominated them yesterday and it bodes well for next year.
Worst - Probably the last loss to Celtic when Morelos stupidly got sent off, even though we came back into it and could have won with 10men. OR losing to Aberdeen in both cups...
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Mushi_master
Liverpool:

Best moments: the win at Spurs. I was there that day and it really set the ball rolling for a proper title challenge. Particularly enjoyed the home win against Chelsea too.

Worst: as above the Red Star away game, wtf was that about? Poor performance and terrible result. Barcelona away felt pretty low as left feeling dumbstruck by it.

So, the Barcelona game should be the best ever, right?
Epic comeback!
Original post by 8013
So, the Barcelona game should be the best ever, right?
Epic comeback!

I must have written that post before that game - one of the football highlights of my life let alone the season!
Best day obviously yesterday the Play Off final closely followed by the Birmingham derby, worst day losing 2-0 at home to West Brom along with blowing a 2 goal lead against Leeds
Don't really have a worst BUT

Worst/disappointing day: When we lost against City that led to our unbeaten run to an end (didn't want to say the Red star match as it has been said already)
Best day (s): When we beat United at Anfield and the day after Mourinho got the sack.
Reply 12
Best win deffo against Ajax 3-3 Lucas was on fire! Worst is either against West Ham or Bournemouth
Reply 13
Original post by ayyyy.x
Don't really have a worst BUT

Worst/disappointing day: When we lost against City that led to our unbeaten run to an end (didn't want to say the Red star match as it has been said already)
Best day (s): When we beat United at Anfield and the day after Mourinho got the sack.

Best day: Winning CL final vs Spurs?
Arsenal:
Best: 4-3 win against spurs in December :smile:
Worst: Anything in the latter stage of the season where we threw away Champions league football - losing away to Everton etc
Also worst is our dreadful away form
Reply 15
Original post by Talhawaseem02
Arsenal:
Best: 4-3 win against spurs in December :smile:
Worst: Anything in the latter stage of the season where we threw away Champions league football - losing away to Everton etc
Also worst is our dreadful away form

The score is 4-2.
Original post by 8013
The score is 4-2.

I just remembered the win tbh - Aubameyang’s goal etc
Reply 17
Original post by Justbeingmyself
Best: 2-0 vs City, 3-0 vs Watford
Worst: 6-0 vs City, 4-0 vs Bournemouth

For your Chelsea team,
Best: 4-1 vs Arsenal?
Original post by 8013
For your Chelsea team,
Best: 4-1 vs Arsenal?

Yeah that was good too!
Reply 19
Best Day: Probably the 3-2 comeback against MK Dons
Equalising against Lincoln away in the 94th minute with a world class finish was pretty good too. Out-shithousing the shithouse team was great.

Worst Day: 4-0 loss to Bury (conceded all 4 in the second half)
3-0 to then bottom and now relegated Notts County at home was embarrassing too.
Conceding an equaliser in the last minute against Sol Campbell's near bottom Macclesfield was very poor. Thanks to that and many other wasted opportunities we fell short of the playoffs by 1 point.

Quick Reply

Latest