The Student Room Group

Christians are “the most persecuted religious group”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48146305
“The persecution of Christians in parts of the world is at near "genocide" levels, according to a report ordered by Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt.
The review, led by the Bishop of Truro the Right Reverend Philip Mounstephen, estimated that one in three people suffer from religious persecution.
Christians were the most persecuted religious group, it found.
Mr Hunt said he felt that "political correctness" had played a part in the issue not being confronted.

The interim report said the main impact of "genocidal acts against Christians is exodus" and that Christianity faced being "wiped out" from parts of the Middle East.
It warned the religion "is at risk of disappearing" in some parts of the world, pointing to figures which claimed Christians in Palestine represent less than 1.5% of the population, while in Iraq they had fallen from 1.5 million before 2003 to less than 120,000.”
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Sounds about right, Christophobia is accepted by many people as an issue which does not warrant much concern
not surprised.
:rolleyes:
tell that to the millions of Rohingya Muslims and Palestinians and Uighur Muslims being 'Ethnically Cleansed'
Original post by JTharma
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48146305
“The persecution of Christians in parts of the world is at near "genocide" levels, according to a report ordered by Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt.
The review, led by the Bishop of Truro the Right Reverend Philip Mounstephen, estimated that one in three people suffer from religious persecution.
Christians were the most persecuted religious group, it found.
Mr Hunt said he felt that "political correctness" had played a part in the issue not being confronted.

The interim report said the main impact of "genocidal acts against Christians is exodus" and that Christianity faced being "wiped out" from parts of the Middle East.
It warned the religion "is at risk of disappearing" in some parts of the world, pointing to figures which claimed Christians in Palestine represent less than 1.5% of the population, while in Iraq they had fallen from 1.5 million before 2003 to less than 120,000.”

Christians are no angles in Iraq or Palestinians areas they are just a likely or even more likely as Muslims to murder their children in honor killings force their daughters to undergo medical exams to check their virgins. In Sweden, there been honor murders of Iraqi Christian refugee children by their family for failing a virginity test by so-called doctors from Iraq and for being gay, etc.
I don’t think anybody is trying to say that Christians are blameless and that any other religion is evil, just that being killed on the basis of your belief (or lack of thereof) is wrong and should get more attention
Original post by looloo2134
Christians are no angles in Iraq or Palestinians areas they are just a likely or even more likely as Muslims to murder their children in honor killings force their daughters to undergo medical exams to check their virgins. In Sweden, there been honor murders of Iraqi Christian refugee children by their family for failing a virginity test by so-called doctors from Iraq and for being gay, etc.
Obviously this is a gross abuse of Human rights too but there are threads for these issues already.
Original post by Taz554:-)
tell that to the millions of Rohingya Muslims and Palestinians and Uighur Muslims being 'Ethnically Cleansed'
Jeremy HCunt has the blood of thousands of Yemeni children on his hands. The HCunt shills for weapons deals to the barbaric Saudis in defence of their disgusting war on the Yemeni people that has killed >10,000 civilians and thousands of children.
yet all we hear about is Islamophobia all the time christian minority persecution is ignored by the same people who bang on about Islamophobia .
its proof that they are far from being the most persecuted.

Do we really need to have another debate on who is more persecuted?
Persecution of Muslims gets enough attention already; this thread is about Christians getting persecuted. Plus Palestine isn’t exactly what you’d call innocent in any case
I want to see more than Jeremy Hunts concert suddenly after coincidentally holding hand in a disaster himself. I want to see proof and stats of what he said is true
i never asked for that, im asking for proof if they are more persecuted then that
Original post by Professional G
Do we really need to have another debate on who is more persecuted?
I have to laugh :rolleyes:

Also it seems bizarre for them to fixate on the dearth of Christianity in the middle east when it's one of the most prevalent religions in most other areas of the world, including the Asia-Pacific region, Africa, and South America, not to mention Europe and North America.

But I guess the fact there is one place they don't have a vice-grip on is unacceptable to them..
(edited 4 years ago)
Admittedly, it is hard to find evidence on this now, particular on Google and Youtube due to their hiding in plain site campaign done to "protect against harmful content", which in my opinion is them looking down on the average joe and thinking due to their PC that a person is nothing more than an emotional bot.

But yes, Jemery Hunt is correct, at least to a sufficient extent. Christians are being persecuted more and more by opposing forces than said forces are being persecuted. Them and women; it has become out-right mainstream to hate them, Muslims in Muslim counties (and many in non) outright go-ahead to discriminate, kill them or torture them, and God really knows as to why this is occurring. I mean, at one point, I made the assumption that it was because of the "patriarchy", but that view has changed. Jewish people also seem to be discriminated against more and more these days as well, and it's weird because many governing officials treat this as they do Men's rights issues: trash.

I'm reminded of a situation in Nigeria where Christians were killed by radical Muslims, though that was ignored and so were their questions as to why the UN wasn't doing much of anything noticeable about it. I dunno what's changed in the situation, because I haven't kept up with the news recently due to the social media short-attention span and empathy expression effect.

I feel like going to Moscow in Russia, seems far less gloomy then every other city I've seen recently.

(disclaimer; I'm only saying what I have discovered from my sources.)
Apparently the report is not finished yet (:colonhash:) but there are other charitable organisations that support what they’re saying. I have contacted them for sources
I want to see more than Jeremy Hunts concert suddenly after coincidentally holding hand in a disaster himself. I want to see proof and stats of what he said is true
So because it’s the most common religion in the world it’s okay by you if they get slaughtered?

“Oh it’s only about a million people, no big deal, right?”
Original post by artful_lounger
I have to laugh :rolleyes:

Also it seems bizarre for them to fixate on the dearth of Christianity in the middle east when it's one of the most prevalent religions in most other areas of the world, including the Asia-Pacific region, Africa, and South America, not to mention Europe and North America.

But I guess the fact there is one place they don't have a vice-grip on is unacceptable to them..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending