The Student Room Group

Teesside

Hi everyone.
I applied to do phd at the Teesside uni.
Deadline for application submission was 29th of April.
I hvent hearnt anything since then.interview is expected to be in the end of May.
Could you please tell me , how long it usually takes takes to hear some feedback?

Thank you
Original post by Sariy
Hi everyone.
I applied to do phd at the Teesside uni.
Deadline for application submission was 29th of April.
I hvent hearnt anything since then.interview is expected to be in the end of May.
Could you please tell me , how long it usually takes takes to hear some feedback?

Thank you

I didn't apply to Teeside, but I heard that I had a PhD interview with only 6 days notice, so it's not unheard of to hear nothing until very close to the estimated interview date.

The deadline only passed 6 days ago, so you really need to try to be patient.
Reply 2
But i heard that if you dont hear anything it means they liked your application bcoz they dont want unsuccessful applicants to wait for so long... is it tru
Original post by Sariy
But i heard that if you dont hear anything it means they liked your application bcoz they dont want unsuccessful applicants to wait for so long... is it tru

Each uni is different; no one can tell you what it means.

The people to speak to are the uni.
Original post by Sariy

That isn't guaranteed. I know of people who were rejected for places weeks after successful applicants were informed at different institutions, so you can't go by hearsay or potential 'rules' to these things.
Reply 5
That uni is the only place i applied for:frown: i currently work for the ministry in my country, so it is really hard to find time to do research to prepare research proposal:frown: so that uni is my only hope:frown: i did two msc degrees in the uk.. do you think this will increase the chance for me to get an offer?
Original post by Sariy
That uni is the only place i applied for:frown: i currently work for the ministry in my country, so it is really hard to find time to do research to prepare research proposal:frown: so that uni is my only hope:frown: i did two msc degrees in the uk.. do you think this will increase the chance for me to get an offer?

As I said, you just need to wait and see. Many people apply to do a PhD while working full-time. Your MScs would only help your chances if they are both related to project you proposed, and if you got a high classification in them (at least Merit). It's more typical to see people with only one MSc, so the university may wonder why you did two (and may ask you this at interview).
Reply 7
I got Pass from them gaining 59.65 points.. merit is 60. Bachelor is distinction tho. And yes my msc’s are related to the project i applied for. Thank you for reply. My potential supervisor said that my cv is excellent ... lets see.
Original post by Sariy
I got Pass from them gaining 59.65 points.. merit is 60. Bachelor is distinction tho. And yes my msc’s are related to the project i applied for. Thank you for reply. My potential supervisor said that my cv is excellent ... lets see.

Did you get a pass in both your master's degrees? If so, they may not be competitive enough, especially if you are also applying for funding.
Reply 9
Yes.. but one of my friend from Iran.. she had pass from masters degree and for funded phd offer from bristol university
Reply 10
Got*
Hi Sariy

Thanks for getting in touch. PhD applications are with the academic Schools at the moment - we expect that you'll hear imminently, in advance of interviews at the end of this month. Please don't read anything into the wait - it's not the case that unsuccessful applicants will hear first, or vice versa :smile: - all applications are processed at the same time. Many thanks for your patience and best of luck with the application.
Original post by Sariy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending