The Student Room Group

National 5 Maths 2019- Unofficial Marking Scheme

(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CossLne

Thanks for making this! :h: Won't let me rep you, but hope you don't mind I've moved this into a new thread so it doesn't get lost in the other one :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Labrador99
Thanks for making this! :h: Won't let me rep you, but hope you don't mind I've moved this into a new thread so it doesn't get lost in the other one :smile:

that's fine - i'm more than prepared for there to be errors since i've done about 8 hours of maths today!
Original post by CossLne
that's fine - i'm more than prepared for there to be errors since i've done about 8 hours of maths today!

That's some commitment! :eek:
Reply 4
Can I just ask one question, changing the subject of the formula always seems to muddle me up.

I've done:

A = 1/2h(x+y)

2A = h(x+y)

2A/h = 1(x+y)

2A/h = x+y

x = 2A-y/h

How many marks would I get for that, 1/2?
Reply 5
Original post by Strelzo
Can I just ask one question, changing the subject of the formula always seems to muddle me up.

I've done:

A = 1/2h(x+y)

2A = h(x+y)

2A/h = 1(x+y)

2A/h = x+y

x = 2A-y/h

How many marks would I get for that, 1/2?

probably just lose 1 mark at the end since you stuck the y on the top of the fraction?
if you'd ended with x=2A/h - y I suspect that would earn full marks since the question didn't specify in what manner it should be simplified
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by CossLne
probably just lose 1 mark at the end since you stuck the y on the top of the fraction?
if you'd ended with x=2A/h - y I suspect that would earn full marks since the question didn't specify in what manner it should be simplified

Alright, that's fine then, as long as I don't lose them all.

Also, does anyone know what both papers were out of individually? I want to see how my mark compares to the marking scheme.
@cosslne i recon for question 7 you can simplify it further by getting rid of the "h"
Reply 8
Original post by agirlcalledtheo
@cosslne i recon for question 7 you can simplify it further by getting rid of the "h"

single fraction versus 2 separate things - it's a personal preference/route. If I was in the exam I'd have both presented as the examiner will stop marking at the one they want.
Reply 9

I don't think you can simplify it further? Because there's two terms on the top
yeah that's what I did
now a bit worried I won't get the mark
I got 2A-y/h because I thought if you divide by h then it wouldn't be at the top anymore??
(edited 4 years ago)
and for question 11 of paper 1 is it not 36?
thought i got that one right:s-smilie:
I got 36 too? In another marking scheme that was the correct answer so i think it’s right
Original post by pineapplepink
and for question 11 of paper 1 is it not 36?
thought i got that one right:s-smilie:

Original post by sophieeeeee.x
I got 36 too? In another marking scheme that was the correct answer so i think it’s right

I got 36 degrees also, I think they've made a mistake, but obviously I couldn't be 100% sure as no idea what the question was lol :confused:
Just found it there.
I think paper 1 was out of 50 and paper 2 was out of 60.
Original post by Strelzo
Alright, that's fine then, as long as I don't lose them all.

Also, does anyone know what both papers were out of individually? I want to see how my mark compares to the marking scheme.
Original post by pineapplepink
I think paper 1 was out of 50 and paper 2 was out of 60.

Cool, thanks. :thumbsup:
Good work!. Some little slips. For example, P1 Q11 you added 76 + 32 to make 98 degress. It should be 108 degress, giving a final answer of 36 degrees. You'll pick up all the other marks for correct method though.
Original post by Strelzo
I got 36 degrees also, I think they've made a mistake, but obviously I couldn't be 100% sure as no idea what the question was lol :confused:

Nat 5 2019 P1 Q11 Shapes & Angles - Pentagon.JPG
Reply 19
Original post by TheRealDrBunhead
Good work!. Some little slips. For example, P1 Q11 you added 76 + 32 to make 98 degress. It should be 108 degress, giving a final answer of 36 degrees. You'll pick up all the other marks for correct method though.

thanks for the correction - i'd done over 25hours of a mixture of nat3-advanced higher this week so a bit number blind by the time i got round to looking at the nat 5 paper
Have ammended the solutions above :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending