The Student Room Group

Psychology 9990 may/june 2019 anyone ?

I'd really appreciate a little bit of guidance here and there, I'm doing this on my own and I don't have a teacher.

1) Is there any usual pattern of learning I need to know ?

2) Do all the core studies have the same importance or do some of them rank in a higher degree of importance?

3) How much detail do I need to know for each core study ?

4) Help me on how to attempt the question where I need to design my own study.

5) How much detail does the 10 mark evaluate a core study question need in paper 1 ?

Thank youu for the help. :smile:
Reply 1
hey! i would say each core study is equally important. for each study, you should know the aim, procedure, sample and results. i would reccomend studying the procedure in detail and remembering certain key aspects of the sample, as they often ask questions on those.

for the designing study, my teacher taught us to do it this way:
What - the aim (make sure you include IV and DV here)
Who - the sample (include size, age, gender etc)
Where - the location
When - the time
How - the procedure (include controls so it can be replicated)
and ethics followed in your study.

for the 10 mark question, write 2 points for and 2 points against - that will typically get you 10 marks as long as both sides are evaluated well.
Original post by Emaraharif
I'd really appreciate a little bit of guidance here and there, I'm doing this on my own and I don't have a teacher.

1) Is there any usual pattern of learning I need to know ?

2) Do all the core studies have the same importance or do some of them rank in a higher degree of importance?

3) How much detail do I need to know for each core study ?

4) Help me on how to attempt the question where I need to design my own study.

5) How much detail does the 10 mark evaluate a core study question need in paper 1 ?

Thank youu for the help. :smile:
Reply 2
This is really helpful, thanks a bunch !
Also, in the designing a study part, there won't be any evaluation of the study right ? like strengths and weaknesses ? I simply need to design a practical study right ?
Reply 3
there’s just a 4 mark question that asks you to identify a weakness in your study and explain how you could improve it. what i typically do is make sure the sample size is only around15-20 and in the 4 mark question say :
since the sample is small, the results may not be generisable to a larger population, therefore the study could be improved by having a larger sample of around 40+ people.
just an example^ but you can do it with any weakness you identify in the study
This is really helpful, thanks a bunch !
Also, in the designing a study part, there won't be any evaluation of the study right ? like strengths and weaknesses ? I simply need to design a practical study right ?
Reply 4
That is smart :biggrin: Thank you once again
Reply 5
how did you guys find paper 12??
That is smart :biggrin: Thank you once again
Reply 6
It was actually much easier than I thought it was going to be. What about you ?
Reply 7
same here. i was really surprised. didn’t know the activity index one though. what did you write for the RQ question?
It was actually much easier than I thought it was going to be. What about you ?
Reply 8
Yeah I left both of those out. Laney's study was a very boring one for me and turns out that'll probably be my undoing xD
Reply 9
true. i answered them but im not entirely sure if it was correct. do you think paper 2 will
be hard since this was easy?
Yeah I left both of those out. Laney's study was a very boring one for me and turns out that'll probably be my undoing xD
Reply 10
Probably, I've never known them to go that easy on us 😅 Best prepare for that one better than this one.
Reply 11
any predictions for p22?
Reply 12
how did you find paper 32 ? was it easy? 31 was good
Reply 13
what were the topics in paper 31?
Original post by tehhhhh
how did you find paper 32 ? was it easy? 31 was good
I have a question for paper 4... I'm doing Psychology and Abnormality and Psychology and Consumer Behaviour. I know that the paper is divided into three sections. In section A, we have to answer two questions (one on Abnormality and one on consumer behavior). For section B, we have to choose to answer one question out of the four areas (let's say that I'll choose the Abnormality one). For section C, I have to choose one question only again... but since I chose the Abnormality one in section B, am I forced to choose the consumer behavior in this section, or can I choose the Abnormality one in section C as well? So that would mean the following: Section A (Abnormality and Consumer Behaviour), Section B (Abnormality), Section C (Abnormality again). Am I allowed? Thank you and good luck to all of you in Paper 4! :smile:
Also, for Paper 4, does anyone have a structure for the "Design a study/experiment" question? One that will ensure you add everything? Also, do you have a structure for "psychological and methodological evidence" question which is part b) of the design question?

ALSO (lolz), does anyone have a structure for the section C question that asks to what extent you agree with something? What do you usually include in the introduction and conclusion? How many arguments do you present, and are they all based on research or also your own knowledge outside the studies? THANKS A LOT FOR ANSWERING! :smile:
Reply 16

wht grade did u get? any tips?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending